Halo. Reach

shawdreamer

Seen as Evo is seemingly slowing down of late and there's a definite lack of new posts and threads I figured I add my own views on the newest Halo game to hit the market.

Tbf to this game Ive give it a good couple of days to experience the most this game has to offer.

That in mind Ive gave near all its features a chance, from its many matchmaking styles to the campaign in general and unfortunately my conclusions are not good generally.

Graphics: Very good

Character animation: reasonable

Cut scenes: Very good

Story line: Good but predictable

game play Customization: limited

character Customization: good but still limited

online play: good but un-original

campaign game play: good

Generally If your new to the Halo scene you'll probably find this game both good to play and generally enjoyable, however if your a longtime Halo fan such as myself you'll find the game more or less lacking in some of the more important characteristics of the Halo franchise.

Most notable of these characteristics is originality, something which this game seems to lack over the last known good Halo production (Halo 3 imo)

Character development also seems to be lacking in the latest release, any longtermer will have grown to appreciate and even admire the lone figure of the Master Chief as he single handed fought the Covenant on every possible occasion, unlike however the very dull and simplistic character known as Noble 6 or even just "six" in Halo Reach.

The newest release overall seems to have somehow managed to lose a great deal of the depth that could be found in the original games (even ODST had more presence) and you don't really connect with any of the characters at all throughout the campaign.

To me personally it seems too much effort has been expended on the creation of the game and its graphics while not enough time was spent on character and story development throughout which imo has only served to produce another ODST and not the much anticipated descendant of Halo 3.

By no means am I saying this is a bad game, not at all, its very impressive if you don't compare it to Halo3 imo and as said a newcomer to the franchise will not be disappointed with its playability. I give it a 7/10 overall.

Finally, If it was down to me Id:

re-introduce the sole character basis of the game,I loved the Master Chief character, I loved his standalone fighting style, His mysterious persona and calm composure and mostly I enjoyed his uniqueness

rethink the whole musical background to the game, I know it sounds inconsequential but some of the music of Halo 3 made the game, massive epic orchestral music generated a air of epic gameplay so to speak.

please feel free to voice your own opinions.

Edited by shawdreamer

I wasnt a great fan on my first turn round, but now playing it on ledgendary and it makes it a much better game, dont seem to hard just have to take youir time doing it a bit, not like on normal when you can just run a round. as for the online had a go but dont enjoy it at all so think il stick to mw2 for now.

I wasnt a great fan on my first turn round, but now playing it on ledgendary and it makes it a much better game, dont seem to hard just have to take youir time doing it a bit, not like on normal when you can just run a round. as for the online had a go but dont enjoy it at all so think il stick to mw2 for now.

ita took me under 8hrs to complete 90% on Legendary, its a bit like Halo 3 that way.

the programmers could do with throwing in some random enemy spawn points in higher campaign difficulties, that way someone couldnt just play through on easy then know exactly what to expect on higher difficulties.

Managed to get the 1m point achievment the other other day on firefight in less then 20 mins. On the options menu you can choose what enimes come etc. Like i had elite generals come constanly, and selected the bonus rounds to last 2m instead of 1m. And can set it so you cant die what helps lol. It would be imposible on ledgendary with these settings on.