important question for all members/users

shawdreamer

If you contact dvla and tell them you are starting civil proceedings they will give you the address.

Also if you want to pm me the reg I know a few people in Speke who might just happen to see the car outside a house or garage. I know it's a long shot but it could turn something up.

I can't believe an organisation such as the DVLA would randomly give out a persons address simply because you ask for it somehow. ;)

Well by using form v888 and paying £2.50 a member of the public can get the address if they have a good enough reason.

Sounds a little bizzare that they would give addresses out so easily tbh, that makes all our personal details available for a mere £2.50 and a form, something called data protection prevents this type of behaviour.

From the DVLA:

"Overview

If you want to find out information about a vehicle and its owner, you can apply to request this information from the DVLA. However, information will only be released if you are entitled to receive it, for example if you can show 'reasonable cause' to require it."

I'm sure dreamer wanting to give the guy a slap doesn't warant "reasonable cause" nor will he be "entitled to receive it" as the police are involved, it's their job to get all this info.

See this note:

"

It is a criminal offence under Section 55 of the Data

Protection Act 1998 to unlawfully procure or sell

personal information. The maximum penalty is

a fine not exceeding £5000."

Freedom of information act....