Gearbox upgrades

Ginger Dave

Zetec gearbox ? Therefore IB5 ? Not BC ? Ok

- B&M Quickshift lever

- Quaiffe ATB diff

- Quaiffe HD gearkit (you can have straight cut gears or just shorter helical ones, custom final drive ratios)

- ST150 gear kit

- AP racing paddle clutch

- Transit bearings (seen it once, don't know much about it :mellow: )

You have to say what do you really want it for... Loads of stuff can be done to improve feel and working of your box, just say what you don't like - loads of play, lazy engaging, slow synchros, 5th too long...

Zetec gearbox ? Therefore IB5 ? Not BC ? Ok

- B&M Quickshift lever

- Quaiffe ATB diff

- Quaiffe HD gearkit (you can have straight cut gears or just shorter helical ones, custom final drive ratios)

- ST150 gear kit

- AP racing paddle clutch

- Transit bearings (seen it once, don't know much about it :mellow: )

You have to say what do you really want it for... Loads of stuff can be done to improve feel and working of your box, just say what you don't like - loads of play, lazy engaging, slow synchros, 5th too long...

is there any chance you could go into a bit more detail on these as i dont understand what all that means???

is there any chance you could go into a bit more detail on these as i dont understand what all that means???

Jesus, I mean really ? :mellow: Can't you start googling, please ? :)

mtx 75 box conversion <£200 strongest box you can direct fit

ALD developments quickshift linkage £150

job jobbed

Agreed. Except it reminds me of time when I was adamant to have a ITB'd RS2k and EVERYBODY was forcing me to have a turbo'd zetec. I didn't want that. I understood that it's cheaper, more powerful and overall better, but not for me. So if somebody wants to do things their own consciously (or not) stupid way, I'll just let them :)

• 2 weeks later...