Weather Around The World....

RobMk6

ive read alot about this subject and sorry chaps im a global warming disbeliever i do not believe that man has had a substantial impact on our planet. didnt scientists think that we were entering an ice age in the 70s ? throughout history the climate has not remained the same. it seems to me that only one side of the story is told in the media and govenment propaganda because it creates paranoya and another reason to increase tax.

ps

its quite nippy outside lol

ive read alot about this subject and sorry chaps im a global warming disbeliever i do not believe that man has had a substantial impact on our planet. didnt scientists think that we were entering an ice age in the 70s ? throughout history the climate has not remained the same. it seems to me that only one side of the story is told in the media and govenment propaganda because it creates paranoya and another reason to increase tax.

ps

its quite nippy outside lol

Sigh.

We didn't land on the Moon, either, btw,

i thought we had landed on the moon huh go figure

on a more serious note

there is two sides to this, some boffins tell us global warming is nigh and some tell us is tripe. i believe from what i have read that global increase in temperature is neglegable. and temperiture alone wont cause disaster. now there telling us methane produced by cows has a greater impact than cars and industry. whatever next.

i thought we had landed on the moon huh go figure

on a more serious note

there is two sides to this, some boffins tell us global warming is nigh and some tell us is tripe. i believe from what i have read that global increase in temperature is neglegable. and temperiture alone wont cause disaster. now there telling us methane produced by cows has a greater impact than cars and industry. whatever next.

"some boffins" = the scientific establishment, the intergovernmental panel on climate change, and pretty much all of the smartest scientific minds in the world.

You believe that temperature alone won't cause disaster? Im curious as to how you came to this understanding, as there is certainly evidence suggesting that this has lead to the largest mass extintion event in the history of the planet?

you are of course entitled to you opinion as am i

http://www.disinfo.com/2010/09/climate-change-lies-exposed/

http://www.globalwarminglies.com/

there are just as many sceptical websites as there are otherwise.

Ok, lets go through these.

1. Just to start off, this is a link to a website which is a. repeating an article written in the Daily Express and b. has another article titled "WikiLeaks Set To Reveal U.S.–UFO War?!?". As we all know, the best science is always published in the tabloid press...

But the actual substance of the article is centred around the review of the IPCC by the IAC (InterAcademy Council). Before anyone can start discrediting the IPCC, it is worth quoting the IAC here; "...U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and IPCC chair Rajendra K. Pachauri to issue a letter on March 10 this year requesting that the IAC review IPCC and recommend ways to strengthen the processes and procedures by which future assessments are prepared." ie, the IPCC asked for this review.

The findings centre chiefly around two points: the impartiality of the management of the IPCC and the reporting of errors associated with climate models. They recommend inclusion of non-climate scientists to improve the perceived impartiality of the IPCC, for the first issue. Second, they outline a range of quantitative error measurement mechanisms to help pin down the estimations of future global climate. The problem they have is the certainty of the models, not the data they have or the current rising CO2 trends. If you look at this

http://www.ifm-geomar.de/fileadmin/ifm-geomar/fuer_alle/institut/PR/science/keenlyside/projections_ipcc_e.jpg

you can see why they need to get better constrained models, and some way of saying which ones are more likely.

Most importantly, the IAC do NOT rubbish the findings of the IPCC.

2. Im not even going to bother with the second site, especially with such gems as "Global warming is causing ice to melt on Mars. There are no cars on Mars." - No, but there is a helluva lot of CO2.

I can't really say that I am surprised that climate change has been getting the backlash that it has been getting, it's been commandeered by hemp wearing liberals and politicians out to make money for themselves. The truth is, climate science is still in its infancy. There are still a lot of unknown factors, but what evidence we have so far says that anthropogenic forcing is responsible for increasing the average global temperature. How the Earth reacts to this is another matter entirely.