Im hooked

scottg17

its someone copying Oasis style..... who copied the beetles style (no matter how hard they protested that they wernt)

I couldn't get hooked on something that entirely unoriginal.

Bakayaro :))

What a bizzare comment.

If it sounds good it sounds good regardless of styling. The Beatles themselves were far from original, their sound was brought from accross the pond, the Beatles played countless covers from the likes of Buddy Holly. In the era when the Beatles played the Cavern Liverpool was awash with bands just like them.

The first thing I noticed when Oasis were first out was the Beatles likeness, they never hid were their sound originated and often mentioned The Beatles influence on their music. I still liked Oasis just as I liked the Beatles (I was listening to Oasis long before they were so well known).

Very little these days is original, it doesn't make it less appealing.

Plenty of unoriginal remixes all over the place.

Exceptions being I would say like the Prodigy, with a sound of their own, but even then it had roots that hooked back to Rock n Roll styles but technicaly and electronicaly advanced.

You do realise that it's Liam (self confessed Lennon fan) from Oasis's new band don't you Shaw?

Edited by PeeWee

its someone copying Oasis style..... who copied the beetles style (no matter how hard they protested that they wernt)

What a bizzare comment.

If it sounds good it sounds good regardless of styling. The Beatles themselves were far from original, their sound was brought from accross the pond, the Beatles played countless covers from the likes of Buddy Holly. In the era when the Beatles played the Cavern Liverpool was awash with bands just like them.

The first thing I noticed when Oasis were first out was the Beatles likeness, they never hid were their sound originated and often mentioned The Beatles influence on their music. I still liked Oasis just as I liked the Beatles (I was listening to Oasis long before they were so well known).

Exceptions being I would say like the Prodigy, with a sound of their own, but even then it had roots that hooked back to Rock n Roll styles but technicaly and electronicaly advanced.

You do realise that it's Liam (self confessed Lennon fan) from Oasis's new band don't you Shaw?

I was merely using the response to air a minor opinion..... my real objective was to test a theory :innocent:

What a bizzare comment.

I was merely using the response to air a minor opinion..... my real objective was to test a theory :innocent:

Of course, everyone has a right to an opinion, your theory test though, the result?

its someone copying Oasis style.....

Copied?

I had no sound... I though it WAS Oasis... :pancake:

Probably due to being Liam Gallagher as a frontman and that old school Oasis sound.

your theory test though, the result?

Id say promising at this point :cheers:

You havn't thought of one yet then lol? :pancake:

My ramblings last night are probably more due to my musical knowledge and background to be honest. Like I said, everyone has the right to an oppinion.

You havn't thought of one yet then lol? :pancake:

a theory or a result?

or are you still rambling okama?

Both!

My ramblings are at least constructive & factual based on proven patterns of musical developement through the ages.

Didnt I already explain that my theory and result had no bearing on the subject of the thread and my stated opinion there on of it noroi okama?

Probably due to being Liam Gallagher as a frontman and that old school Oasis sound.

Thought he looked similar... :nutter:

After listening with sound... I quite like the music, but I can't say I'm keen on the "Got any draw mate" style Manchester accent in the vocals. Why I was never keen on Oasis, it sends shivers down my spine in a paranoid, look behind, is anyone going to stab me? sort of way... :unsure:

ps. Opinion, not general negativity/criticism. (pre-empting the usual "feck off if you don't like them" response to those with differing opinions :pancake: )