Close one!

scottg17

• 2 weeks later...
why is the driver of the car using a video camera anyways ??..set-up me thinks ?

I thought that, but then my brother has just fitted a camera to his motor which rolls/records 247. He got it after some foreign drivers (un-insured) crashed into him and his insurance wouldn't pay out.

Quite funny actually because he recently got his car MOT'd/serviced and the camera has the whole thing on tape. Even the testers speeding through a 30 limit and kerbing his alloy while taking upto their MOT centre (from the service garage). They also charged 2 hours labour and the film shows them only working on the car for 20mins max. Tw@ts!

why is the driver of the car using a video camera anyways ??..set-up me thinks ?

I thought that, but then my brother has just fitted a camera to his motor which rolls/records 247. He got it after some foreign drivers (un-insured) crashed into him and his insurance wouldn't pay out.

Quite funny actually because he recently got his car MOT'd/serviced and the camera has the whole thing on tape. Even the testers speeding through a 30 limit and kerbing his alloy while taking upto their MOT centre (from the service garage). They also charged 2 hours labour and the film shows them only working on the car for 20mins max. Tw@ts!

Awesome stuff. Could he contest the bill with that evidence? Obviously the garage cant argue for 2 hours labour if the evidence is it only took them 20 minutes, but because of the stupid justice system in this country the video evidence will probably be inadmissable since it was recorded without the employees consent and so on.

I've drove with my phone recording video from my dash a couple of times (phones in rubber case things sit incredible steadily when you wedge them between the bottom of the windscreen and the dash there) and it makes for great footage (good for people on track days instead of getting headrest mount things etc)

As for the biker. He'll meet his demise soon driving like that

Came across one (although it wasnt a bike) on the way back from Silverstone. Kiddy in a Golf came storming past us, overtaking 5 cars then tried to do another around a blind left hander, car came out of no-where he nearly had a head on.

Knob...

Awesome stuff. Could he contest the bill with that evidence? Obviously the garage cant argue for 2 hours labour if the evidence is it only took them 20 minutes, but because of the stupid justice system in this country the video evidence will probably be inadmissable since it was recorded without the employees consent and so on.

I've drove with my phone recording video from my dash a couple of times (phones in rubber case things sit incredible steadily when you wedge them between the bottom of the windscreen and the dash there) and it makes for great footage (good for people on track days instead of getting headrest mount things etc)

As for the biker. He'll meet his demise soon driving like that

He did say he was going to ring them, but haven't spoke to him since as he's been in Portugal for a Golfing holiday. Alrite for some! I'd be more jealous if i actually liked Golf lol

I'd like the camera just to watch back all the bad drving i see, and to watch back and laugh at my road rage (ie swearing at the bad drivers haha, usually one word shouted loud in their direction) :roll: