Boy racer tries to outrace UK police

david91

why? they not allowed to do that?

Health and Safety... Car's giving chase in a dangerous pursuit should be clearly marked and pursuit trained.

But this country is Health and Safety mad... :(

That a rule set in stone is it? Where did you get that from?

I can understand the pursuit trained thing, but i imagine many police are pursuit trained, or they'd never catch anyone who fails to stop (i remember watching one episode of cops with cameras [or similar] and before the put the blues and twos on they called over the radio to get a couple of pursuit cars to the scene in case he failed to stop (its hard to catch a speeding hot hatch in a astra diesel compared to a T5 volvo)

As for the clearly marked bit, blue lights are the most "clear" markings you can get that a car is the police, some forces in the country have quite subtle police markings on actual marked cars, some are really obvious (yellow and blue all over the damn thing) but some only have the high vis on the boot and the bonnet just has a small crest and word "police"

It's a grey area...

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/unifor...009_website.pdf

1.10 Authorisation of pursuit in an acknowledgement that the driver and vehicle are appropriate for the task...

Now take that as you want but if during a pursuit an unmarked police vehicle hits a pedestrian or a civilian vehicle not involved with the pursuit... If that goes to court, who will win?

If the answer is the pedestrian/civilian then no, that vehicle was not appropriate for the task.

Politics + Health & Safety + Compensation culture determine UK Police actions these days...

In America, first day on the job? Chasing a murderer? He has a gun? Unmarked car? - No problem! Get your gun out ready and run that "mutha fuka" off the road... If you shot him before he shoots you... great! Your a hero!

In UK, Your pursuit trained? Your taser trained? Your arms trained? - Suspect is armed, no pursuit is authorised.

- Later on suspect murders a few people = Public outcry that the Police didn't do enough to stop this!

As for the video above, marked cars take over near the end but the unmarked cars could be seen as actively encouraging the pursuit rather than just following until a marked car can take over.

It's bullshite, but that's the country we live in... :(

3. Vehicles Used to Conduct Pursuits:

3.4 Where the Driver of a unmarked car is in a pursuit, a suitably liveried car should take over at the earliest opportunity due to limitations in terms of conspicuity.

It's a grey area...

http://www.acpo.police.uk/documents/unifor...009_website.pdf

1.10 Authorisation of pursuit in an acknowledgement that the driver and vehicle are appropriate for the task... It's got blue lights, and similar performance to the shitron, appropriate in my book, i imagine the "appropriate" statement means dont go pursuieing Evos in segways

3. Vehicles Used to Conduct Pursuits:

3.4 Where the Driver of a unmarked car is in a pursuit, a suitably liveried car should take over at the earliest opportunity due to limitations in terms of conspicuity. That's what happened IMO