Removing and Fitting MK6 Tailgate

Naylor2006

Hello all,

Getting my new tailgate back Friday all painted but i will need to fit myself :(

Can anyone give me some advice, painter said I won't have to worry about shut lines because the metal hinges will stay where they are?

Anyways could anyone give me some advice and a number of spanners based on how difficult it is like the Haynes manual? :)

Many thanks.

you might need someone to help as there heavy

there pretty easy remove the washer pipe then disconnect the electrics and unbolt the 4 nuts under the headlining as well as taking the struts off it should then just lift off with no hassle then refit new one

i have done this with someone and by myself and its soo much easier with someone else so they can hold one side while you undo the other

you might need someone to help as there heavy

there pretty easy remove the washer pipe then disconnect the electrics and unbolt the 4 nuts under the headlining as well as taking the struts off it should then just lift off with no hassle then refit new one

i have done this with someone and by myself and its soo much easier with someone else so they can hold one side while you undo the other

Thanks mate.

Is the washer pipe and electrics just pull/push fittings and are inside those two rubber boots?

Yeh I'll get a mate to help me, will the shut lines be hard to line up or is there no play in the bolts at the top?

Hello all,

Getting my new tailgate back Friday all painted but i will need to fit myself :(

Can anyone give me some advice, painter said I won't have to worry about shut lines because the metal hinges will stay where they are?

Anyways could anyone give me some advice and a number of spanners based on how difficult it is like the Haynes manual? :)

Many thanks.

is the new tailgate a genuine ford one if not might need some tweeking :thumb:

5 spanner rating - get lots of ppl to help!

Thanks for the help all, looks like ill be doing it saturday, then onto the sound deadening as its the only thing I can afford.

In my living room is a box full of all my powdercoating, just cant get it fitted :( Ive got new front discs and pads to go on also so all i need is new rear discs and pads to replen the whole lot all the way round. Hoping in Jan! The girlfriend is getting sick of the box, too heavy for her to move though lol.