Rust!!!

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had their arches treated and resprayed; and knows how much it will cost me and how sever it is?!?

I made the mistake of leaving it untreated on a previous car and it just took over the car. So im not going to make the same mistake this time as this ones nearly like new!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/759759/Rust2.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/759759/Rust1.jpg

Thanks!

I have considerd it and may give it a go yet. I'm just not sure because the rest of the car is immaculate so I'm worried a may mess it up. I'm in the west mids by the way if anyone knows of good bodyshops

I'd probably have a pro do it if your not sure, dont wanna have to pay someone afterwards if it goes wrong.

I dont want to pick a figure out the air but my experience is that BodyShops that deal with insurance accident repair etc are usually way way too expensive so avoid them.

Where are you located? Someone on here could probably recommend one.

a bodyshop will cost a fair bit..(unless they cut you a break or you know them :) ) and theres nothing really to mess up.., the rust hasnt got them that bad its just surface atm.. just take your time.. mask and clean it all properly.. jobs a good un! ive taken on worse arches than that before..in fact my passenger rear is worse than that right now!

a bodyshop will cost a fair bit..(unless they cut you a break or you know them :) ) and theres nothing really to mess up.., the rust hasnt got them that bad its just surface atm.. just take your time.. mask and clean it all properly.. jobs a good un! ive taken on worse arches than that before..in fact my passenger rear is worse than that right now!

You're probably right, i fk up everything that involves paint or free hand work, always have someone else do it.

Also, yeh, ive always had body work done by friend of a friend, the cheapest way although not always the most straight forward.

I'm in wolverhampton but prepared to travel a bit for the right price and.good quality! I'll look into doing it myself but not very confident and will have to wait for warmer weather.I can't really justify spending anymore then 300 on both sides. I plan to waxoyl the death out of it this summer anyway.

Yeh, dont pay £300, I had two sills done and undersealing for that.

I'm in wolverhampton but prepared to travel a bit for the right price and.good quality! I'll look into doing it myself but not very confident and will have to wait for warmer weather.I can't really justify spending anymore then 300 on both sides. I plan to waxoyl the death out of it this summer anyway.

If you look in my thread the place that did my arches charged £300 for both of mine, they are in Hinckley, can did the details out if you like?

I couldn't find a decent body shop in Birmingham (not to say there isn't but I couldn't find one)

I say that price because a few month back I had an alfa 147 with similar rust. Took it to the bookshop and he said 550 colour matched 450 otherwise. Totaling at over a 1000 for both arches!!!! He said it would need cutting out and the whole panel painting. There was less surface rust than in the above pics!!

IF you decided to do it yourself, good luck, if not maybe pop JC a question, he lives sorta near you, my geography is awful but i know that he used a bodyshop recently for loads of work and could maybe recommend one for you, in fact theres load of EVO members around that part of the country.

EDIT: JC posted while I was writing this...

Edited by Naylor2006