Game/Gamestation

eetaylog

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been going down for years now my brother in law works in game HQ he's been looking for a job for a while now as he knew it was failing

Bad thing is it now means places like hmv and others would now be able to raise their prices up as not much competition

Apart from Amazon, Play, Tesco, Sainsburys and all the other places that are the cause of the decline in high street shops.

Plus the fact that the big rumour's for the future of consoles is that the next generation will be Hard Drive only. Games will simply be delivered to consoles cutting out the middle men altogether. (this is of course already possible but with the option to buy hard copies).

Plus the fact that the big rumour's for the future of consoles is that the next generation will be Hard Drive only. Games will simply be delivered to consoles cutting out the middle men altogether. (this is of course already possible but with the option to buy hard copies).

Any console that goes HD only will be signing their own death warrant.

There are still loads of places where DLing massive files isn't viable, and users will always prefer to have the option of buying second hand games rather than paying RRP for everything.

There are still loads of places where DLing massive files isn't viable, and users will always prefer to have the option of buying second hand games rather than paying RRP for everything.

I'm predicting it will be as I said but with an option to purchase on memory card too.

I personally think they will want to reduce mechanical hardware heading in the ssd and memory card direction. Less heat, less moving parts, smaller designed consoles.

I'm predicting it will be as I said but with an option to purchase on memory card too.

I personally think they will want to reduce mechanical hardware heading in the ssd and memory card direction. Less heat, less moving parts, smaller designed consoles.

not to mention controlling and potentially stopping the 2nd hand market... :O

How would that affect the console makers themselves? :unsure:

Maybe more geared towards contoling millions lost to piracy?

Personally I make my media disc free wherever possible, no one wants piles of cd/dvd cases cluttering the room these days surely?

If we get network speeds consistant enough there may well be no need for next generation console buying at all with games relying on high speed servers and played online via a cloud like system.

This would rid the need for increased Hard drive space, faster processors and memory, all you would need is a decent processor, ssd drive, fast internet and a simple base memory.

We may see this built into TV sets in the future that will come equiped with motion sensors, wireless controllers and 3d glasses.

Edited by PeeWee

Bad thing is it now means places like hmv and others would now be able to raise their prices up as not much competition

You must mean their website, because the stores are closing left and right

Does anyone actually buy films / music / games IN STORES these days?! I can't remember the last time I opted for the high street over the internet

How would that affect the console makers themselves? :unsure:

when you've downloaded a game/movie, and think nah i'll get rid, how much can you sell it for ? :innocent: nowt :(

Easy, you download a demo of said game first, if you choose unwisely it's hardly the console makers fault.

Older games can be downloaded cheaper (possibly free) as new editions are released.

If you rent a film you don't take it back complaining you did not like it & can you try another.