ST170 DSI and Forced induction...Oh and Variable timing

bluliz

yes the inlet needs to be replaced, try area six i think ian howell makes them

you can keep the vvt and it gives more power if kept, if you get rid of it you may aswel just get a 2.0 zetec and turbo that

if your interested i can get a jackson racing supercharger, pm me for details on it

I wouldn't keep VVT with forced induction.

VVT increases the valve overlap, this is great on normally aspirated engines because it increases the air speed into the cylinders. Its bad for boost because both valves are open at the same time, for longer, so all that boost you've built up would just be blown out the exhaust.

i know it does work with a turbo engine as i know a st170 that has kept it thats currently running around 400bhp, built by torque of the devil iirc, has a head built by area 6, ive got a fair bit of the spec somewhere for it as im building mine to a similar spec

I wouldn't use that inlet or the vvt. All leads to unnecessary complexity.

What do you want to achieve, Rob?

Something a little more fun to drive, essentially I've had the car 6 years and love it but maybe it's time for something else.

yes the inlet needs to be replaced, try area six i think ian howell makes them

you can keep the vvt and it gives more power if kept, if you get rid of it you may aswel just get a 2.0 zetec and turbo that

if your interested i can get a jackson racing supercharger, pm me for details on it

Exactly.

There is part of me thinking a scruffy looking KA with a 2.0 turbo would be more fun.....See what position I'm in when I sell the house. but then I'm also a fan of big power diesels...

Time to get rid Rob and buy something different 8)

A £3k impreza classic with a couple of subtle mods would be night and day fun compared to the stress and hell of building a turbo focus (and subsequent poor useability).

Time to get rid Rob and buy something different 8)

A £3k impreza classic with a couple of subtle mods would be night and day fun compared to the stress and hell of building a turbo focus (and subsequent poor useability).

Imprezas are cr4p IMO. They've got no poke.

Really...

2004 Impreza

Figures...

Stu knows I like corners.