Exhaust question

scott_j_g

Hello all

Im new to the forum, picked up an rs2000 yesterday, it needs a little work doing but all in all i really like the car. The previous owner has put on a sports exhaust (im not sure what make) it has been decat so the car is very loud and although i love the noise my Mrs thinks its a tad much. Will reinstating the CAT make a huge difference to the level of noise? or do you think it would take a change of back box also? i love the depth the back box gives so if i could keep it i would but just want it a little quitter.

First of many posts :P

Thanks

i just recentley decat'd my rs .. with a sports exhaust and tbh all it does is make the growl a bit deeper at low revs..but it does feel a bit quicker on pick up.. so id suggest if your wanting quieter reinstall cat and change the back box.. other than that.. buy your missus some earplugs ;)

if mine ever complains about the car... she knows where the busstop is! :P :D

Considering a de-cat does two-fifth's of fúck-all for performance, you may as well put an original cat back on, make the car road legal, and then fine tune the sound of it with difference exhaust options. Edited by Stu

Considering a de-cat does two-fifth's of fúck-all for performance, you may as well put an original cat back on, make the car road legal, and then fine tune the sound of it with difference exhaust options.

Worse than that, its probably reducing performance due to reduced back pressure.