wheel nuts wont move

james08

got 3 wheel nuts that wont come off, one has started to round off and has mis shaped the ford wheel thingy, swapped to an impact socket and a bar and the bar started to bend, tried the air gun and thats done nothing, any ideas?

use a nut splitter

got 3 wheel nuts that wont come off, one has started to round off and has mis shaped the ford wheel thingy, swapped to an impact socket and a bar and the bar started to bend, tried the air gun and thats done nothing, any ideas?

is it just the chrome cap thats getting damadged? if so prise it off and try a 18mm six sided socket and a bigger bar :thumb:

Edited by etrebus

damn something else i need to buy :(

don't forget some new nuts!!! an I'd get something to clean the thread to stop the new ones getting seized on!

it was on my donor car so i dont need these nuts but ive got a collection of steel wheel nuts if i did after swapping from steels to alloys on my van

is it just the chrome cap thats getting damadged? if so prise it off and try a 18mm six sided socket and a bigger bar :thumb:

was on steel wheels not it was the actual nut

managed to get it off today, has to put it into gear to help hold it still swapped to a different bar to yesterday then with difficulty they came off, 3 of the 4 had been cross threaded