rs2000 brake callipers on mk6

Rockerrob666

i know it sounds wierd but I would rather spend £52 on something I've already got than £40 on getting something different. It would feel like admitting that the orig purchase was not as good as it seemed???? if you know what I mean? especially as I paid another £25 getting the callipers shotblasted, total cost so far is: calipers/discs and pads £22 delivered, shotblasting £25, caliper paint £12, Seal kit £25, pistons £52: total £136. But for all intense purposes I've got a new set of calipers for that and a set of almost new pads and discs. I know I probably could have bought a set of 300mm brakes for less than that, but would I have also ended up shotblasting them, painting, new seals etc with those as well???? I need to feel confident that the brakes are the best they can be when they go on and won't fail. The existing pistons may well be perfectly ok, but I wouldn't feel safe with them ;( If you know where I'm coming from??

Anyway, I've given them a bloody good cleaning today to get as much of the grit out as I could, but ended up knocking over a bowl of white spirit and f-ing up the paint work on the calipers, so I had to dry them off and redo that as well :nutter: lettin the pain dry tonight and then going to laquer them with some engine laquer I got from Toolstation before something else happens to them. Great stuff and for £4.15, you can't argue to protect your hard grafted paintwork (http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Engine+Lacquer/p37075).

Edited by Rockerrob666

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic