rs2000 brake callipers on mk6

Rockerrob666

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mate they're a straight fit including hoses.

i got a set for sale...

pads have 60% left

discs

and calipers..

£45 posted...

and here's a guide to fitment.....

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j...kKTqbXBMBrVOaog

Just managed to get a set off ebay for £30 delivered with new(ish) discs and pads, will keep me going till I get my BlackDiamond discs and pads :)

does save me major reconstructive work, and it's got to be better than the milk bottle tops I've got atm.

anythings better than standard dude. lookin to do rear disc conversion as well?

You dont get much more braking (if any) from fitting the rear discs, Its for looks only really. My RS has got std 260mm on the front and the std drums on the back and it doesnt pull up too badly.

If you have ABS you cant keep it with the rear discs IIRC, you would need to get focus hubs and have them modified to take the abs sensor

nah, wouldn't be able to do it myself, bit too much heavy work. the cars a daily runner so any work that takes more than 4hrs has to be done during the school holidays and when the missus doesn't want to go shopping :D. can't dive under cars like I used to - god I sound old! lol not like young whippersnappers like you.......lol

I reckon just try and find some uprated shoes and give the drum a good scrub and paint when the wheels get changed over. went outside for a fag earlier and next door had an st220 outside, I stood there contemplating whether I would be able to swap the rear axle, front callipers and discs without him noticing, haha, just joking, but it was a very nice motor.

aren't rear really only for handbrake and heavy braking, anyway?? so they would only be for looks. i did see, years ago, demon tweeks where selling fake discs for the rear that you stuck over the drums!! looked very plastic, don't think they sold many. lol

Edited by Rockerrob666

nah, wouldn't be able to do it myself, bit too much heavy work. the cars a daily runner so any work that takes more than 4hrs has to be done during the school holidays and when the missus doesn't want to go shopping :D. can't dive under cars like I used to - god I sound old! lol not like young whippersnappers like you.......lol

I reckon just try and find some uprated shoes and give the drum a good scrub and paint when the wheels get changed over. went outside for a fag earlier and next door had an st220 outside, I stood there contemplating whether I would be able to swap the rear axle, front callipers and discs without him noticing, haha, just joking, but it was a very nice motor.

aren't rear really only for handbrake and heavy braking, anyway?? so they would only be for looks. i did see, years ago, demon tweeks where selling fake discs for the rear that you stuck over the drums!! looked very plastic, don't think they sold many. lol

lol they had some of those in poundland the other day

lol they had some of those in poundland the other day

well fcuk me, thats what happened to them :roll: :roll: I just had a wicked idea, what do you reckon on those 'fake brake conversions and a set of eylashes, but put them round the exhaust so the car looks like it's got a hairy a-hole?? :roll: :roll:

best mod ever?? hahahahahahahaha

Edited by Rockerrob666

Your stopping a 1.6 ? , the standards will do just fine, if not then it's not an upgrade you need.

As for fake disks, pffft!!!! :innocent:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/kwikfix/DSCF0481.jpg

Next thing you will be looking at fake Morettes? :O

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/kwikfix/DSCF0477.jpg