Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 laptop

sidrick

Specs are:

Celeron M CPU

512MB RAM

DVD multi-writer

56GB hard drive

15.6" screen

Genuine charger comes with it and battery holds decent charge (I don't have exact times, but could check. Would imagine 90-120 mins)

W7 Ultimate and Office 2007 installed. No serials for either. XP Pro COA.

Fresh install of Windows (fully up to date and licenced) and your standard software. Anti-virus, Adobe reader, media codecs, WinRar, Spotify, iTunes etc etc

Good laptop. Used condition with a couple of marks, but overall an 9/10 and I'm very picky.

I'll be honest, it's pretty slow with only 512mb RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate, but with a 2-4gb stick in there it'd be a decent machine for surfing, Office applications or car diagnostics.

I'm happy to buy and fit more RAM and/or hard drive at the buyers expense. Ask me for prices, but for about £50 more you could have a 500gb hard drive and 4gb RAM :)

Great screen, but graphics not amazing apparently :roll:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p89/adolftitler/temporary-27.jpg

£100 delivered as it stands.

• 2 weeks later...
can anything be done about the tragic graphics score pre sale?

I could take a look if someone was interested. If it's shared RAM, then putting more RAM in and sharing more with the GFX would probably help.

I'd have to question why the graphics might be a problem though, as if they were better then the memory becomes a bottleneck, then the CPU etc.... it's just an old laptop.

what processor is in it?

I know you stated "Celeron M" but you might aswell have told me personally its ran by hamsters on redbull, could you gimme some details (I googled but my head hurt on the first page), clock speed? single or dual core?

sorry to seem like I wasted your time but the bints just decided she likes the..... and Im qouting directly here........."pretty red one in Argos" so Ill just let her get that one instead.

sorry fella

Edited by shawdreamer

Processor - Intel Intel Celeron M Processor 440 440 - 1.86 GHz - single core, old, slow, but then I'm only asking £90 delivered for a VGC laptop.

It'll play films, fine for browsing, but it ain't no gaming machine. I'd image it'd be much faster either with Aero themes turned off, or back to XP, which I'd be happy to do.

edit - Fair enough.

Edited by sidrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bump, still got this and trying to clear space.

What memory does it take for an upgrade, I've got two cards of " 1024MB-667MHz DDR2-667 PC2-5300, 200p SODIMM, 1.8v" from a Dell Inspiron 1501, would these fit, The Toshiba you've got?

May be interested if they do?

And do you have a legal copy of xp, or maybe linux?

cheers Dyl

Bump, still got this and trying to clear space.

What memory does it take for an upgrade, I've got two cards of " 1024MB-667MHz DDR2-667 PC2-5300, 200p SODIMM, 1.8v" from a Dell Inspiron 1501, would these fit, The Toshiba you've got?

May be interested if they do?

And do you have a legal copy of xp, or maybe linux?

cheers Dyl

Well, obviously not legal copy of Linux as it's free!! OOOOhhhhhhhhh, just re-read thread, & see that max mem is 4GB, Uuuuummmmmm, that could be very tempting!!

Think I better pm you!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...