2.0 power increase

Andy 3i

What would be a realistic power upgrade on the 2.0? I'm thinking of getting a head to have a fiddle with, but I haven't got the funds for aftermarket management. I'm not much of a dreamer, so after some realistic figures (no matter how harsh) and a rough idea of cost :). Many thanks

Doesn't really say how far you can go on Standard management though. Also there is a big gap between 165 and 200bhp?

Is it worth buying a head? Also mate some more cam work? Obviously this will be over a period of time and will probably happen during the winter or next year.

Doesn't really say how far you can go on Standard management though. Also there is a big gap between 165 and 200bhp?

Is it worth buying a head? Also mate some more cam work? Obviously this will be over a period of time and will probably happen during the winter or next year.

Tuning n/a is a waste of time if you don't have a specific reason to do so and/or an unlimited budget.

You could spend £5k+ getting a 2.0 zetec to an honest 200bhp and a stage 1 erst engine will Pee all over it.

The main point of constraint is the standard intake system. Then the head starts to choke at around 170bhp or so. If you change head and go to ITB's then yes, you can get to 180-190bhp, but you're pushing the standard rods as you'll need to be revving to 7500rpm or maybe higher. Then you get into a full forged build and it's megabux.

There will always be a single component which restricts power. Once you change that restriction, e.g. replacing the inlet tract with throttle bodies, for example, the next restriction will be the head (ports and cams). Change those and then the next restriction will be how fast you can spin the engine before it brakes. So you upgrade that. Then the next thing, and the next thing, and the next thing etc.