custom exhaust manifold

scottybo

how much of a stretch we talkin about?

less than it would cost to put an ancient boosted cvh in, in fact you could probably have the full car complete with willwoods 4x4 running gear, coilovers etc etc

pm me sum figures

I'll only give my 2 cents about it, reading the first 5-6 posts, as i also wanted to go for aftermarket/custom exhaust once.

4-2-1 gives more torque at low end sacrificing some at top end compared to 4-1 (which is zetecs original) and horse power as a function of torque goes away too.

The zetec also starts to pull after 3k so a couple of hundred rpm below that doesnt really make a difference. For example some Vauxhall engines of the same year would be massively improved with 4-2-1 instead of 4-1 (C16SE for example and other SOHC 8v fully injected).

Speaking of 1.8 going for 130 means that its with mondeo cams similar to original rs1800 which peaks 130hp at 6250rpm and same cams, same setup same everything in the mondeo peaks slightly more hp but at 6000rpm - lower than the 1.8. Proof that if one (like me too as im in the same situation 1.8 going for 130) would want to get and effectively use these 130hp, he'll have to rev high. There, where the 4-1 prevails.

So my solution is to use the same exhaust manifold but with slightly larger bore straight pipe right to the remus behind.

I'll only give my 2 cents about it, reading the first 5-6 posts, as i also wanted to go for aftermarket/custom exhaust once.

4-2-1 gives more torque at low end sacrificing some at top end compared to 4-1 (which is zetecs original) and horse power as a function of torque goes away too.

The zetec also starts to pull after 3k so a couple of hundred rpm below that doesnt really make a difference. For example some Vauxhall engines of the same year would be massively improved with 4-2-1 instead of 4-1 (C16SE for example and other SOHC 8v fully injected).

Speaking of 1.8 going for 130 means that its with mondeo cams similar to original rs1800 which peaks 130hp at 6250rpm and same cams, same setup same everything in the mondeo peaks slightly more hp but at 6000rpm - lower than the 1.8. Proof that if one (like me too as im in the same situation 1.8 going for 130) would want to get and effectively use these 130hp, he'll have to rev high. There, where the 4-1 prevails.

So my solution is to use the same exhaust manifold but with slightly larger bore straight pipe right to the remus behind.

no its a genuine 1.8 130, same engine found in 130 xr3i and fiesta rs1800 (and i think cabby 130 si) with the oils pray jets, ho inlet and bigger cams including matching ecu etc.