All Ford Fleet again.............

co-op scooby

Hi Guys.There has been a bit of a change to the family fleet over the past fortnight,

The wife decided she hated the 308,so we went out and bought a Fiesta 1.6 tdci zetec 5 door on a 59 plate.

Its pre DPF which is a bit of a bonus and only 20 quid road tax to boot, and is currently averaging mid 60mpg combined.Luvvly jubbly.

My daughters 206 decided to cook itself when the fan decided to give up the ghost ,and rather than stop as the dash told her to,she kept going and totally fecked it.

It just so happened that my bessy mates Dad had just decided to give up driving at 89 years of age,

resulting in me purchasing a v plate silver Puma with 11 months MOT for the rather nice price of £250.(1.7 zetec s sorry JC)

It did have a sticking caliper on the nearside but that has been done along with both discs and flexy hoses,so it now stands me in for 330 notes,still a bargain.

While I was in the mood to get my hands dirty,the van also got new discs and pads and the promise that it WILL be on the road next year.

Just wondered if any of you guys have had similar bad luck turn into a happy outcome,because I am well chuffed!!!

Hi Guys.There has been a bit of a change to the family fleet over the past fortnight,

The wife decided she hated the 308,so we went out and bought a Fiesta 1.6 tdci zetec 5 door on a 59 plate.

Its pre DPF which is a bit of a bonus and only 20 quid road tax to boot, and is currently averaging mid 60mpg combined.Luvvly jubbly.

My daughters 206 decided to cook itself when the fan decided to give up the ghost ,and rather than stop as the dash told her to,she kept going and totally fecked it.

It just so happened that my bessy mates Dad had just decided to give up driving at 89 years of age,

resulting in me purchasing a v plate silver Puma with 11 months MOT for the rather nice price of £250.(1.7 zetec s sorry JC)

It did have a sticking caliper on the nearside but that has been done along with both discs and flexy hoses,so it now stands me in for 330 notes,still a bargain.

While I was in the mood to get my hands dirty,the van also got new discs and pads and the promise that it WILL be on the road next year.

Just wondered if any of you guys have had similar bad luck turn into a happy outcome,because I am well chuffed!!!

I have had the worst luck with my current car. In 2 years ive replaced:

- Rocker cover gasket

- Oil filter housing gasket

- Inlet manifold gasket

- Final stage resistor

- Cam sensor

- Alternator

- Battery

- Water Pump

- CCV

- Rear brake hoses

- Throttle Body

- Both Intake boots

- Both Belts

- 2 x idlers/pulleys

- Headlight washer

- Oil Level sensor

- Rear dampers

- Front brake discs

I still need to replace my control arm bushes and both front wings (which are starting to rust). Car now owes me around £2k and i now cant justify getting rid!

actually my fleet has recently expanded.....so a new suym thread will be up over the next few days when i get some good pictures ;)

Hiya Scotty.I will get some pics done and stick them on my SUYM thread too mate.JC will love the Puma mate,especially for that dosh,lol :cheers: