Zetec simple tuning.

fiestamike

I've read the sticky and stuff but thought I should ask advice from those who have already done it.

I have a '94 1.8 XR3i 105PS and generally want ideas for abit more speed. Ideas so far are; 130 ecu, throttle body, cams, exhaust. But what works and what doesn't in reality?

Every engine I've tuned so far has had carbs and a dizzy and is simple haha; bigger carb, better cam, headwork and a nice exhaust.

If urs is a 105 then it will be stamped with 'so' on the back. Meaning standard output. The 'ho' manifold, or high output has a mch larger diameter tract to each of the cylinder head ports.

using 2l injectors would only confuse the ecu. There are loads of people who just throw items on from the 2l expecting an increase in power.

Don't waste your time. The 130ps is only faster above 5k rpm, so unless this is for a track car then you're going to be slower around town, where it counts.

You're not going to benefit by advancing the spark either, not unless you want to run on super unleaded all the time or race fuel, and even then you'd barely notice the difference.

The only noticeable difference would be to go forced induction or carbs/throttle bodies. Anything else is pissing in the wind.

i would have to disagree

130bhp spec

http://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/For...18-XR3i-92.html

105bhp specs

http://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/For...-V-18-XR3i.html

0-60 is a difference of 1.4 seconds. with a 10mph difference in top speed

making the 130 lump only 0.9 seconds slower to 60 than an rs2000. and only 4mph slower than the rs on top speed. so upping to 130 would be a pretty decent. and cost effect upgrade id say

i would have to disagree

I don't know what you're disagreeing with, but your 'evidence' to the contrary just further enforces my point.

If you're racing the engine, e.g. high rpm all the time (which a 0-60 and top speed run will be doing), then it'll be faster.

If you want something with good mid-range grunt around town, where it counts, then the 115ps is quicker.

Thanks!

Do 130s have different injectors to 105s?

And I was working on the basis, if I can get as much air in it as possible, then it will need more fuel. The ecu should trim the fuelling cause it knows whats coming out the back so it can give it the right amount itself. I'm assuming eec iv is clever enough to do that.

And I was working on the basis, if I can get as much air in it as possible, then it will need more fuel. The ecu should trim the fuelling cause it knows whats coming out the back so it can give it the right amount itself. I'm assuming eec iv is clever enough to do that.

it certainly is

It's not. You're dreaming. Nothing you're talking about doing is putting more air into the engine.