Suspension arm query

JC

So am I right in thinking that the "drag link" inserts into the rack n pinion assembly under/through the rubber boot and forms the steerings inner ball joint?

To be honest, don't think I've known what to call em.

Aye. It's usually called the inner rack joint. A drag link is used on a steering box system, it connects the two steering arms.

i have replaced both of these on my car, some have flat spots for a spanner and some don't so they can be a pain in the arse to get off especially as there is not allot of room to get in once the car is on full lock

the garage i used to work at had a special tool for doing these it was like a giant stud removing tool absolutely brilliant bit of kit

i have replaced both of these on my car, some have flat spots for a spanner and some don't so they can be a pain in the arse to get off especially as there is not allot of room to get in once the car is on full lock

the garage i used to work at had a special tool for doing these it was like a giant stud removing tool absolutely brilliant bit of kit

Yeah we use this bit of kit for them, makes it a 5 minute job :)

http://www.clarkebay.co.uk/ekmps/shops/debbiesucevic/images/track-rod-end-remover-and-installer-diameter-ranges-from-35mm-to-45m-steering-rack-knuckle-axelm.-885-p.jpg