Daily runaround

Jjosland

So the Mrs wants a new car (has a 1.2 05 clio) and because of her job she does a fair bit of short journey driving between clients houses (she's a homebound carer).

Anyone got any advice on a cheap to run car? Cheap tax and insurance?

She's doing 90 quid on petrol a week which is ridiculous.

A colleuge of mine has a VW up he says its really really eco and cheap to run he has saved a fortune in tax insuance and fuel.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/volkswagen/up/hatchback/

Older 2004+ Megane DCi will give you the same MPG figures, and be a lot cheaper.

in 24 hours she did 200 miles, she's getting around 350 out of a tank. Would it be better to get a diesel? we did look at the megane before she got this clio. 

One near us for 1600 i might go and look at. 

I have a 1.5 DCi, hardly ever see it below 60MPG, more often in the higher 60's.

I did have it showing 83 on one trip, that was definitely not a quick trip though :roll:

Older 2004+ Megane DCi will give you the same MPG figures, and be a lot cheaper.

it will also be plagued by electrical problems, and they recently got recalled because the spoilers fall off while driving (on estate models) and the interior panels fall to bits

renaults are crap, they always have been and they always will be, i can name 6 people off the top of my head that have bought renaults of varying ages and they have been awful, a friends mum bought one brand new, and it failed its first mot on a handful of things