rear wheel bearing

marshy

"Bearing Guide"?  I'm not sure what you mean by that but I'm guessing you might mean the stub axle?  It might be that the stub axle is worn, you'd have to get the garage to check when they have the bearing off and replace it if need be.  Other than that, there's not many reasons why a bearing should fail so often really.

• Like 1

"Bearing Guide"?  I'm not sure what you mean by that but I'm guessing you might mean the stub axle?

Sorry I didn't mean the stub axle, I was referring to the rings that press into the brake drum which come with the bearing kit.

I can't remember what they're called though! I'd imagine some lazy mechanics don't replace them at the same time as the bearings.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't mean the stub axle, I was referring to the rings that press into the brake drum which come with the bearing kit.

I can't remember what they're called though! I'd imagine some lazy mechanics don't replace them at the same time as the bearings.

Ah, I know what you mean now. Those are the outer races of the bearing, they come as part of a bearing kit and are supposed to be fitted but you're right, I've heard of some places just fitting the inner races and running them on the old worn outer races.....not good practice!

• Like 1