Just crashed

foxdie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right mate, its obviously an insurance right off, but wen i put my car bk on the road i paid 200quid and had a new front arm, ball joint, etc basically replaced the whole corner also had my handbrake, and timing done along wit a few new bits on the rear, admitably it was done by a mate down at charlie browns and the parts wernt ford official parts but who gives a f*** the car runs perfect. So if that gives you some idea of what ur looking at. It ent that much and u could do it urself its not really a hard job, but due to the fact u smacked it i would suggest a garage cos if they come across any problems they will sort it in the process

Going down my favourite twisty road, on-comming 4x4, i mount the kerb to miss. ended up missing the "tank" but just as i bumped down off the kerb i hit a root of a tree sticking out from the verge of the slope at the side.... BOLLOX!!

Cant really see in the light. Looks much worse than it is, (had to get the recovery bloke out tho) Looks like lower-tracking arm, bush and arm, and maybe a set of shocks. Anyone now from looking at teh pics if im right, and how much my thinking to repair. The bumper obviously needs doing, but thats not important at the mo.

(Dont feel sorry for me cos i was driving too confidently anywayz!) ;(

i know how you feel mate cos even tho when i lamped mine into a barrier, i really did feel upset and pissed off, but luckily all mine was cosmetic damage and nowt else really, i had to have:

Slam Panel,

Inner Wing (luckily only part of) ,

Outer Wing,

Radiator Pan (or what ever its called but radiator sits on it) :rolleyes:,

Radiator,

Crossmember/Bumper Mounting point

Bumper,

Header Tank,

Drive Belt,

Bonnet,

Bonnet Hinges,

Driverside Wiper Arm,

Headlight,

Still Need Bonet Switch (tells you in the car if the bonnet is open)

Evaporative Emission Control canister,

A few pipes and stuff.

most of which only cost pennies each but it all builds up.

but good luck with the repairs :thumb:

when you find out all that needs doing let us know.

I should be getting it back 2mo, saying there is no serious damage to the steering rack (im just getting the end piece of the rack replaced, rather than the whole beam) and saying no chasis damage. Im going down the scrappy 2mo to see if i can pick up a new bumper, and the wing is slightly dented, so i'll take that down the body center to get knocked out and resprayed. All-in-all i think i've been quite lucky.

(Its gonna cost £320 to get back on the road, (thats without bumper and wing))

But the damage was:

Lower Arm

Tracking arm/

steering rack

shock

and few ball joints etc

& bumper and wing

Edited by foxdie_GTI