just reversed my car into a concrete bin

paul f

has anybody got ant suggestions on how to rid my rear bumper and hatch of deep scratches after i just reversed into a large concrete bin  ?(  ?( , i'm hoping there is some way of removing them without a full spray job on them  :thumb:

Bad luck but don't feel embarrassed; I once uloaded half a ton of straw bales on to pallettes next to my (stables) feed room: ten minutes later I reversed straight into them - I'd completely forgotten they were there. ;(

Penny

Edited by Foxy

I did a similar thing mate! just after getting the passenger side of my car sprayed due to some T*at keying it, A nice spoiler put on and having it all washed and polished. I decided to show my friend it after work bout 11pm and as i was reversing out of his drive i hit a pillar (which is there to stop you driving into a moat, so im kinda glad it was there!) I didnt see it as it was very dark and my brand new spoiler just restricted my view when i cud have seen it!

Hit it a bit too quick too, got 2 huge dents, shattered light cluster, scratches on my bumber and and a small minor chip on the spoiler, though im lucky as i know a panel beater and body sprayer, he got me a MK6 rear bumper for my MK5.5 for free and charged me £100 inc paint to take the dents out, re-spray the tailgate and the bumber, and i got a rear light cluster for £6 from my local scrappy!

So turned out ok in the end and he did a good job! Just want a new front bumper now maybe the MK6 one to and if i get the bonnet and grill as well i can have the MK6 lights too! then i would have virtually change the look of my MK5.5 to a MK6 :)

Cheers Dean