Why can't anything just be easy??

Danzetec

A sad story with a happy ending!

When I bought my alloys I also got a set of -35 springs..... great!..... Then I built a sound system which weighed over 8 stone. This lowered the rear somewhat, :D so I thought if I got a pair of -60 fronts and some stiffened shocks for good measure then that would even the ride- right? -wrong ?( Unfortunatly for me this raised the front slightly higher than the -35s :curse: Not the desired effect, so Pi sent me another pair which were just as bad, they didn't even bed in with time as hoped.

Pi's explaination for this was that they sell thousands of these springs- so they can't be wrong :( Has anyone else got or had problems with these springs? Please say its not just my bad luck getting anti-gravity springs!

Anyway that happy ending I promised!

Full marks to the guys at Challis Performance who discounted the springs to resolve the matter :D And then I took great pleasure in taking an angle grinder to the poxy springs :devil: A coil shorter the front of my car is now alot closer to the black stuff!

Agreed its not the best approach, which is why I bought the 'proper' -60s ;( Yeah I have cut them evenly and its only dangerous if they're cut too short and can fall out. Anyways it feels safer now cos the weight is more balanced, giving a bit more traction to the front :)