FAO Chest-Wigged Jap Lovers

Mike C

Just to show that I mean what I say and don't say stuff unless I believe it is true. I have a propostion to make to any trusted Club Member.

If we can arrange, anytime, anywhere kosher for an Esc Cos and a Skyline, running the same power (somewhere between 350-500BHP) and the same level of suspension etc mods racing on a track (not to twisty or straight, just ur average race track so it's fair).

I am willing to bet any one person £100 (Yes, that's one hundred English Pounds) That the cossie will p155 all over the Skyline

anyone interested, get hold of me in this thread, by PM, E-mail, MSN or whatever.

I'm going out in a minute so won't be able to get me for therest of tonight

I thank you :) :thumb:

Edited by Mike C

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as i would love to see this happen, it's highly unlikely to do so :(

i'd bet u £200 mike that a skyline GTR would beat a cossie round a track, letskeep it standard though yeah? we wanna see whats the better car, not the better mods :thumb: and best to do lap times, with a driver with no preferance over the two cars

fairest way possible then :thumb:

i'd bet u £200 mike that a skyline GTR would beat a cossie round a track, letskeep it standard though yeah? we wanna see whats the better car, not the better mods :thumb: and best to do lap times, with a driver with no preferance over the two cars

yeah but they are 2 completly different types of car if the escos had the same sort of engine, a standard car race would be fair

as much as i would love to see this happen, it's highly unlikely to do so  :(

i'd bet u £200 mike that a skyline GTR would beat a cossie round a track, letskeep it standard though yeah? we wanna see whats the better car, not the better mods  :thumb:  and best to do lap times, with a driver with no preferance over the two cars

fairest way possible then  :thumb:

yeah but they are 2 completly different types of car if the escos had the same sort of engine, a standard car race would be fair

exactly!!! they are not in the same league!!

as much as i would love to see this happen, it's highly unlikely to do so  :(

i'd bet u £200 mike that a skyline GTR would beat a cossie round a track, letskeep it standard though yeah? we wanna see whats the better car, not the better mods  :thumb:  and best to do lap times, with a driver with no preferance over the two cars

fairest way possible then  :thumb:

exactly!!! they are not in the same league!!

see what u was on about now

Esc Cos = Rally car

Skyline = Fast Road car

Esc Cos suspension = dirty old sierra dog based

Skyline suspension = state of the art four wheel steering with the most modern of design set up all electronically controlled

Esc Cos power 230bhp = out the box with a top end of 150ish

Skyline power 350bhp = out of the box with a top end of 170ish

how can any car with a chassis based on a ford sierra even hope to beat a fast road set up jap car with all its gadgetry

plus the ford would proberbly go pop if tuned upto 300bhp+ half way round the track.... :roll:

Down hedge end theres often races between my mate andy (skyline r33) and my mate waynes (seirra cosworth) and as much as ill get in the shite for sayin it, the skyline wins cause he has the legs over the wayne easy.

Not a far test mind cause i believe 50 % of the race is won by the driver and how much of a chance he is willin to take

im going down to some kinda Jap fest on october 10th (i think) at santapod, what ever date it is im still going. So maaybe you get someone with a 350-500bhp, and im sure you'll find a skyline there just waiting to get his kicks from watching some ford try to keep up! I'll take your bet! but i want us both there to witness, mainly because i wanna see that smile, disapear within the 11 sec's it'll take for your car to waddle over the 1/4 mile marker...

It ain't fair tho if it's standard, cos i KNOW that the Skyline will win. Equal power, set-up etc is what I want beacuse i also KNOW that the cossie is a better handling car :thumb:

If it were a saph 4x4, again i'd know that the skyline would win for the reason that it is too big and not aerodynamic enough, etc etc.

The Esc Cos i would put my money on out-handling the skyline all day long cos of what Jermemy Clarkson said that I quoted in the other thread about it being the only car on the road to have "negative lift" :roll:

and as for the Skyline having state-of-the-art this and that..............what the fcuk difference does that make?!?!?!

As Lee said, TVR's wer p155ing all over Skylines at that Bruntingthorpe thing, and u can't get a more prehistoric design than the TVR, but it don't hold it back. That's how a car should be, ruff and roar, not laden with fancy electronic trickery from Sony, hitachi, matsui and tamagotchi

:thumb:

and Paul, I'll take u up on that, but would have to be on a track with the right balance of twisties and straights so it's fair. I KNOW the skyline would win if it was all straights and I KNOW that the cossie would win if it was all bends, cos as Jon said, tis a rally car at heart, and we all know the skyline is too big and clumsy to get round corner after corner after corner

:thumb: