backbox pls!!!!

woodz77

i tried them idiots when they first opened in st albans 3 years ago the back box cost me 180 and i got them to put a middle section in aswell up to the down pipe that was another 185. the end result was crap. it made hardly any noise when i looked at the middle section all it was was normal diameter exhaust piping with 2 silencers welder to it .i expected for that money over size piping like all other stainless exhaust ( 3inch dia.) after i went mad cause i said before they did it i wanted it loudish and that they shouldnt put two silencers on it (plus the backbox one!) all they could say was perhaps it would sound better if i took one of the silencers off!!!!!!!!! my other mate had them put one on a focus after i told him not to. and same cheap result!!!! sound like a knacked xr2!!! after these experiences there is no way they are seeing any more of my money. for the 365 quid i paid i mite aswell just bought a finisher from halfords!!

i mite b a bit wrong on the actual size but all the cars ive had that have had stainless exhausts have always been oversized mite only b 2.5 inch but the one i got from powerflow was standard exhaust size which i think is a tuck for the money u pay ive had 40 cars and the worst sounding one was the one i took to powerflow! they mite have changed there goods now or just have a lot more knowledgble people working there that know how to get that noise you want!! if they are only 100 notes now i mite go to a different dealer and see what they can do ????

st albans 3 years ago

I find there's quite a varying feedback from Powerflow customers over the country :(

I had mine made up (b/box fitted w/ straight thru center section) at RSR wheels tyres in Bromley. Workmanship is alright, but customer service isn't! X(

I went to Xtreme Harlow to get a back box on my mates 306 last week. FAR better imo! Let us have a couple of tailpipes to try before they started, etc. Only took them an hour aswell, it's louder than mine too :O :evil: :D

Sounds like St Albans are ones to avoid. I think another member on here (now with a MR2 Tub) foxdie used them a few weeks ago and wasn't impressed.

I'll be going to Xtreme from now on.

Btw, my exhaust bore is 2.5' I think, from cat-back. :thumb:

my exhaust is only 2" bore, and with my full system and K&N, i've gained 6.1 brake over standard and thats on a notoriously crap engine for tuning :innocent:

I'd put money on yours being above the quoted 88brake as standard! Same goes with Matt's 121bhp..... 8bhp gain with just a K&N :O