southend 18-09-04

B19 JUB

just like to say as im first in as most of others have gone to mcds that it was a top night,glad mike c finally made it and that the convoy made it to the front 90% together.once again really good night was good to meet new faces aswell as regulars,

fao lee,see below

Image041.jpg

Image042.jpg

Quality turnout even though weather was awful just hours before :cheers:

Convoy was good! Lot of swapping around and we all stayed together pretty much!

Didn't see much of the skyline crew though....... ?(

Big respect to Mike C for making the trip and turning up around 11:20! 8)

:O @ Paul (foxdie) letting Jon drive his car! :D

Was a good night, will hopefully see you all at the next :thumb:

had a good night, was cool trying foxdie mr2 :devil: :innocent: :roll:

every time i try it i want RWD more, but then i get back in mine and realise how much easier it is to push it round corners fast and i imagine putting something rwd into the armco or a bush in the first day :eek:

was bloody cold wish i had worn warmer clothes my trousers were paper thin..

had a 1 on 1 a bit with paul (foxdie) on the a127 he defo has an edge on the straights in the dry but in my own defense i was holding back and spotting speed cameras the whole time as i didnt want another flash flash with the new plate on

i did see the speed camera just before the m25 kind of in a side exit.. slammed on the anchors and paul almost rear ended me, but hopefully slowed us both down enough to stop it flashing :curse:

had some fun on the m25, kept picking races with modifed motors all the way till my exit, at one point had 2 supras either side of me doing 150ish :drool: :thumb:

Got a tug on the country lane near my house, i was going pretty fast and i realised something was behind me, stupidly i slowed down to see if it was the pigs. should have booted it but i was interested to see what was racing after me.... i was right

they checked my id and chassis number and gave me the usual speeding lecture then let me go, the police bloke said u realise you were speeding through a rural area with livestock around sometimes in the road

i said yes i was at a safe speed to handle any eventuality including livestock, i said i was driving slow to see what was behind me catching me up

the bloke said no you werent you were gunning it

i said "if i was gunning it you would not have caught me" LMFAO

the bloke then tried to tell me he was a police trained driver and he would defo have caught me in no time at all through the country lanes

i couldnt help but chuckle the coppers were driving a mercedes mini van thing

it would have been in the first bush or ditch in the next mile

Got a tug on the country lane near my house, i was going pretty fast and i realised something was behind me, stupidly i slowed down to see if it was the pigs. should have booted it but i was interested to see what was racing after me.... i was right

they checked my id and chassis number and gave me the usual speeding lecture then let me go, the police bloke said u realise you were speeding through a rural area with livestock around sometimes in the road

:O Did you still have your 'new' plates on? :roll:

EDIT: Pushed the car in the garage about hour after I got home..... small patch of oil underneath :eek: so lets ave fun with that tmorow! :drunk:

Edited by Ex-Finesse

Good night, me and Claire enjoyed it, good to put some faces to names, got a few pics, post em up in a minute, bit gutted i left a bit early and then K3VHA turns up! Love that car.

Steve, love the car mate, looked well smart.

Marc... Whats up with that headunit, i forgot to ask u... when it left thurrock it was a DVD widescreen thing... then it turned up in Southend as a 2007 ancient ford thing??? ?( ?( Coulda sworn it'd changed!

Convoy was good fun, think the ickle 1.6 kept up quite well considering :thumb:

Few pics for you.

P1010170.jpg

P1010169.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010167.jpg

P1010166.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010164.jpg

P1010163.jpg

Great night, roll on the next one!

Cheers. :drunk:

Matt and Claire

in reply to your comment about my head unit matt aka silvershadow,its fooled u aswell then has it,i took the front off of an old key code radio i had and velcroed it to the front of my kenwood screen head unit so when its away it looks like an old crappy stereo :D

first off. thanks jon for the lift :thumb:

as ever a great night, good to see everyone and meet a few new guys

a bit cold. but it meant we had a good space on the front.. right outside the cafe.. nice egg burger and raw chips :))

hopefully next one my car will b back.. missed it dearly last night ;( especially seein pauls 2 for the first time.. :thumb:

tip for anyone --> if u r ever passenger in jons car do not tell him u feel a bit sick! he'll drive faster, swerve more and jam on his brakes harder! icon8.gif

Edited by ANT