FAO de-locked cars

geordie_aaron

lol this has probs been said before, but i was thinking today about getting this smoothed tailgate and realised that im going to need sumway of getting into the car if the BATT diedthese are what i thought of

1)brick

2)put a lock back on sumwhere

3)solenoid (but then realised that with no BATT it wudnt work)

THEN......

Run 2 wires from the + and - of the battery to the wheel arch that i could get easily, and house them in somthing water proof, so IF the BATT died, i could recharge the battery, not having to smash windows or anything :cheers: :P :D

now your all going to tell me that its been done and im thick for sayin it lol :jaw:

Cant you get a focus style lock and key for the bonnet?

I wouldnt advertise the fact you have done the wire thing if you do! ;)

they still need to be released from inside... why dont you just jack the car up and manually pull the bonnet release cable ?

Cant you get a focus style lock and key for the bonnet?

they still need to be released from inside...

Wrong, you release the bonnet by turning the key one way, then turn the key the other way to un-do the catch.

There's nothing inside the car for the bonnet.

-T

Back to the original point, Haynes/Max Power did this with their MK3 Fiesta, ran a couple of wires down behind the bumper.

All these wires are, really, is an extension to a set of jump leads, really.

Buses have a similar idea. The batteries on, For example, a dennis dart, are under the floor behind the near side front wheel. however, behind a little flap in the entrance step is a booster socket, which is basically a similar idea to the one you're having

it's a good idea, and will get you in the car provided you've either a charger or a mate with a car and jump leads. Just make sure it's good, heavy wire that'll take the current, and make sure the two ends cannot come together, because if they do, there'll be sparks and your battery will be knackered.... and you'll HAVE to find a brick to get into the car!

-T

HASSLE! LOL its a piece of Pee

leave locks in....doors are already de-locked, and the new tailgate is smoothed lol

now then, what sorta wires am i gona need???

gona need more than halfords can supply? surely its stronger than an amp would use?

Couldn't you just have a backup battery in the boot, like a jelly pack or something that is also wired to the lock and alarm system. Then it would only use the jelly pack if your main battery was flat. seems better than having two wires flaying about near your bumper somewhere. Imagine that you have an accident and you have two wires which are essentially live from your battery shorting out near a petrol leak or something.. scary 8o Edited by Robbiejuk