FAO de-locked cars

geordie_aaron

to always cover my arse, already had 1 window put out when the fuse fell out the fuse box and i cudnt use central lockin, i had to manuallly lock with the key and the keys dropped out of my hand when i picked the flowers up for the GF in hospital so she was in agony up in a ward and i was lookin at my keys in the car park on the seat £90

why bother leave it as it is for these just in case situations???

Its looks cool?! :eek: Hate the bodywork lines being interrupted by locks :curse: :(

lol well i dont wana do that just 2 wires will do it, BTW your paint job is foooookin lush!

u wanna see it in the flesh! :drool: pics do it fcuk all justice 8)

Without any doubt the most amazing paint I've ever seen! :jaw: Bonnet flipped chappers like blue FFS! :O 8)

You need some good starter wire, i'd say. The current going from a charged battery to a discharged one will be pretty heavy.

Basically, you'll have to go to a good auto electrician and explain what you wanna do. He'll either supply what you need or he'll do it for you.

If you wanna play it safe, bolt it to the plastic bumper. NOT the metal one, that'll give you a short circut. Plastic isn't a conductor, so you can bolt both wires to the bumper (place them, say, 12 inches apart, more than the distance between them on the battery) and they'll be fine. In a crash, they really shouldn't be a problem. You could probably do to get some rubber caps made up though, just in case the bumper were to be pushed back against the metal bumper behind it. I'm not saying you'll crash, but there are women out there on the roads!

only kidding girls, but yeah, someone could bump into your car when it's parked and cause sparks to fly!

-T