CV's

Kirsty

write ya personal details.. i.e name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address etc

then a paragrath as to where u are in your careers and what u want to get into/do in order to fulfil u'r career hopes.

list u'r education, skills, schools/colleges attended, grades achieved

then current job, write a brief description of the company and your role, who u report to. then bullet point u'r tasks

do the same as current job for all u'r previous jobs.

now put a brief paragraph of your hobbies and interests.

thats about it, hope it helps.. :)

write ya personal details.. i.e name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address etc

then a paragrath as to where u are in your careers and what u want to get into/do in order to fulfil u'r career hopes.

list u'r education, skills, schools/colleges attended, grades achieved

then current job, write a brief description of the company and your role, who u report to. then bullet point u'r tasks

do the same as current job for all u'r previous jobs.

now put a brief paragraph of your hobbies and interests.

thats about it, hope it helps.. :)

aw thanks hun :)

lets see how far i can get feeling like this :roll:

DO NOT MAKE THE CV TOO LONG.. try and keep it to one page. anylonger and they will get bored believe me.. i used to receive CV's in a previous job and we used to laugh at some of em .. they gave their whole bloody life story

one tip is make the CV dependant on the job.. should find that you never use the same CV layout twice..

one tip is make the CV dependant on the job.. should find that you never use the same CV layout twice..

if you're applying for the same kinda jobs though, eg: office junior or something then wouldn't you just photocopy the CV n whack it out all over town???

if you're applying for the same kinda jobs though, eg: office junior or something then wouldn't you just photocopy the CV n whack it out all over town???

well yeah if their the same kinda thing then fair enough.. but if their asking for specific things try and hone in on those.. u need to standout from everyone else thats gonna flood em

cv or curriculum vitae is meant to list basically everything you've achieved and all your details for your life and so is really long.

a resume is kinda how it sounds, a summing up of your life and details and so just picks out the important bits.

most employers want a resume in that case like andy said, keep it short, I was always told one or two page at the maximum (but not unreadable). Calling it a cv or resume these days is fine..the terms have become interchangable