xr3i into 1.6 zetec

Delvey

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be relatively easy. the gearbox if im correct should be a b5 or an ib5. the loom is similar if not the same depending on whether u got zetec or zetec-e. therefore the ecu and ignition barrel(if the ecu is fitted with PATS) only has to be changed. u might as well re new the clutch while ur at it . from what ive heard a new ecu is a must because it will run shite with ur normal 1.6 ecu.

Passive Anti Theft System. basically ur imobiliser, if u get one without u wont need to use the ignition barrel from the 3i, u cant use ur old one with ur old key, much better.

if u go to the breakers to get an ecu and u aint sure whether it has PATS on it or not, the easiest way to tell is if u take off the cowling round the steering column. then look at the ignition barrel, there should be a peice of plastic surrounding it, take this off. if there is a circuit board it had PATS, if there is no circuit board here then get it, its PATS free hence less of a cerfuffle! yeah ah know!

i'm thinking of doing this myself. but putting a 130 brake xr3i lump into a 1.6 mark 6.

do the m6 shafts fit into the xr3i box?

is the wiring loom the same (will the xr3i ecu plug into the 1.6 loom) ?

i have heard today that the aluminum inlet won't fit under the bonnet, i thought it would. ?(

has anyone done this conversion, any help would be appreciate. :cheers:

130 Cams

I think the 130 came with the 2L head, which had the bigger valves.

Some people say there's a 130spec manifold, which flows better - but so many people say they're identical, I've become unsure! :O

They're the main parts :thumb:

i thought the 130 xr3i's a 1.8, and if you've got a donna car you'll use the manifold and cams for the 130 anyway. won't you? ?(