vibration under acceleration

The Ince

ok, first off my car has brand new Gmax lowering kit all round and has no probs with the brakes or engine or the sus. The whole car was perfect up until the last couple of days.

The problem only happens when I'm in 4th 5th or 6th but not 3rd or below! Whenever i place my foot more than lightly on the accelerator the whole car shakes (very visibly), the power is still there thourgh.

I think it might be the tracking, am i right?

CV joints is a more common problem, I had a problem going round slight bends on power, car physically shakes, or at least vibrates fairly hard. :(

Quite an expensive repair, about 150 quid each at ford discount price. 8o

Way of telling is to bend down and feel the joints for play, there shouldn't be any vertical play in them, and only very minimal play in rotation from front to rear.

Haven't heard of it being caused by tracking, but someone else might have? :thumb:

umm, well it could be your cv joints if im not incorrect cant you just put it on full lock if you here knocking you have a problem.

Yeah that's meant to work, but mine had gone completely and weren't knocking on full lock ?(

Think the best way to tell is to fell for play in the joint. Not good to run a knackered set as you end up with all sorts of gearbox vibration damage and powertrain stress :(