ICE Problem

Mike C

Newly installed ICE, the amps ain't switching on! :nutter: X(

HU seems to be functioning fine, got CD's blasting out thru the 6x9s which are running off it no problem.

Had it all working perfectly once for about 5-10 mins, then it went dead (before the 6x9s were wired up, just the subs and front speakers which are running off 2 amps), then the battery went down, but I think the stereo cut off just before that.

In the mean time, I tidied up the wiring in the boot, poked it thru all the holes I made etc and stuck it down with the wire tacking things, got the battery starter on the car and fired it up again and got nowt X(

I can't see any reason why no power would be getting to the boot, so think it must be summat to do with the remote turn-on, but that wire seems fine, and tried out another bit of wire too and still got nowt, so I'm totally confused! X( :nutter: :censored: :kill:

any ideas? it's fcukin' me off big style now! :nutter:

Probably worth a try, what I did when mine wouldn't run... :))

Get urself a long lenth of bog standard power cabling, and run the power to the amp again but just outside the car, round the body outside etc, that way you can see the power's connected and you know it should work. If that doesn't work, you know its signalling or remote. :thumb:

Run another lead straight from the battery, just a small gauge one, and connect that to the remote, and if that solves that then its a remote problem. :thumb:

If both those don't work it's signal, so you probably wanna get the headunit out and run another length of cable outside to make sure it works with a different cable. :thumb:

Then you'll know what's wrong and can rip the car apart again knowing what the problem is instead of firing in the dark!!! X(

Probably worth a try, what I did when mine wouldn't run...  :))

Get urself a long lenth of bog standard power cabling, and run the power to the amp again but just outside the car, round the body outside etc, that way you can see the power's connected and you know it should work. If that doesn't work, you know its signalling or remote.  :thumb:

Run another lead straight from the battery, just a small gauge one, and connect that to the remote, and if that solves that then its a remote problem.  :thumb:

If both those don't work it's signal, so you probably wanna get the headunit out and run another length of cable outside to make sure it works with a different cable.  :thumb:

Then you'll know what's wrong and can rip the car apart again knowing what the problem is instead of firing in the dark!!!  X(

Well I did that with the remote wire, so may be worth a try with the power

mike just put a small wire from the + on the amp to remote, dead easy, see it it comes on, also get a multimeter and see if theres any power comming from the hu down the remote lead

that's what I did do, probably didn't make it clear tho, used another bit of wire as the remote, but still no joy :(

used to have a big factory unit full from floor to ceiling of tools, plenty of multimeters and testing equipment, lol, but me dad sold it all as a job lot, so having to buy tools again now, lol, may have to invest in a multimeter next :baby:

this may sound like a stupid one, but double check on your headunit, that the amp is switched on.....i've seen this before, and the guy ripped his car apart replaced all the cables and found that the hu amp output was off. worth a try at least. alternatively, even though the fuse at the front is ok, double check the fuses on the amp. and the earthing cable.

this may sound like a stupid one, but double check on your headunit, that the amp is switched on.....i've seen this before, and the guy ripped his car apart replaced all the cables and found that the hu amp output was off.  worth a try at least.  alternatively, even though the fuse at the front is ok, double check the fuses on the amp. and the earthing cable.

it's sorted now mate, was a dud fuse :thumb: