2.3 bottom end on I4

Bennys_Si

hi guys.

doing a bit more research before i finally take the plunge. what power do you reckon i'd gain by putting the galaxy 2.3 bottom end onto an rs2k lump?

cos i think i know who i will have it done by, just wanna work out if it'll be worth it. also do you think it'll be ok with the rs2k ecu? or is it a big job?

?( :cheers: ?(

ok i didnt know if it would give much, i was thnking how by giving it a larger cubic capacity then it might make a difference, but if not then i wont bother, might just get the engine done and then turbo it ( in time and when funds allow )

i think i was thinking more about how an rst generates a lot more power by putting the zetec 2.0 bottom end on. :nutter: :nutter:

i wouldnt say that lee, i drove a standard rst with the only mod being a 1900 bottom end, and fcuk me it was as fast as that white orion of mine which has been chipped, hybrid turbo, cam, lightened n balanced bits etc...

see now i am confused..... lol ..... someone help me make a decision... lol

X(

i wouldnt say that lee, i drove a standard rst with the only mod being a 1900 bottom end, and fcuk me it was as fast as that white orion of mine which has been chipped, hybrid turbo, cam, lightened n balanced bits etc...

see now i am confused..... lol ..... someone help me make a decision... lol

X(

if u put the 2.3 bottom end u will no doubt gain on torque with a slight bhp gain,but if you tune the 2.0 litre u can gain as much power as a 2.3 but u will have the benefit of a high reving engine,which is what you want,2.3 will give low down power, but u cant beat a 7500rpm screamer.for figures i run a 2.0 litre zetec on throttle bodies and make 240.6 bhp and 186lbft of torque,more torque than most 2.5 v6's and she goes like stink mate!!!!!

the ONLY mod was the extra capacity? still running standard boost etc?

as said above, a bit more torque and a few horses

but have you priced up parts for the i4?...very pricey

what additional parts would be required? apart from the 2.3 bottom end?

cheers for all comments guys, any more just say them.

:thumb:

the 2.3 has ballancer shafts aswel.

i dont like that fact.

maybe you can just get your 2.0l bored out and use the 2.3 pistons and then fit kent cams and a chip.

its got to be more power.

rs2000's can make 170bhp with just filter/ exhaust/ chip.

so a increase of capacity will only add to that.