3 pins in tailgate

geordie_aaron

Ok, you know them 3 pins on the tailgate? wel 2 of the wires snapped off the top of2 today when i was fitting a new solenoid to the tailgate...... thought it would sufice with some gaffa tape til monday when i could get hold of a soldering iron.............no:(

so tried fixing ordinary speaker wire to the end of the wire and the other end to the pin.......no........

WTF????????

Anybody shed light on this/ its not a major thing, the 2 that have snapped are rear wiper + heated r-screen

lol at the mo, it hangs when i lift the boot up BUT.......i'm going to take the 'pipe' off at he joining of the roof and the tailgate, and stick a small, but VERY magnetic bit of metal to the end of a bit of string......then going to put the other end of the magent (opposite polarity for those that didn't do GCSE's) and feed it around/down the tailgate then attach the string, to the actualy wire then pull very slow/soft and bobs your uncle and bettys your aunty :thumb:

lol- for people who didn't do GCSE's theres a thing called 'gravity'. Tie a nut on to the piece of string and 'earths natural attraction' should bring it downward!

Theres no need for string anyway, if you pass it in at the top the wire finds its way down anyway! If you feed up from the bottom, bit harder but it'll get to the top if the boots open, then use long-nose pilers or the end of a coat hanger to get the wire thru the hole!