2Ltr Ecu conversion in 1.8

ryanrs

OH!?  so just by puttin the 2.0 ecu, cams,TB and maf, im basically running the same power as a 2.0 mondeo? 

No way mate.

You only have 1800cc at the moment, whereas all your sensors / fueling is setup for a 2000cc motor.

More displacement = more torque, in this situation :thumb:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EEC-V is on 98 onward cars. They're not interchangeable with EEC-IV.

Ryan, bravo, your car is running stock mondeo power ;)

It's really about time people stopped spending so much time and effort swapping these 2 litres in :)

OH!? so just by puttin the 2.0 ecu, cams,TB and maf, im basically running the same power as a 2.0 mondeo?

would there still be an advantage in now putting in the 2.0 lump? cos that was next on me list of things to do.... ??

Sorry, I thought you were running a 2 litre. Contrary to what other people may say when replying to questions directed to me ;), yes it'll be the same peak power as the 2 litre. The torque curve will differ though, but at the very top it'll match up. This is why peak horsepower is irrelevant. Stick a 200bhp Civic against a 200bhp rs turbo and watch the civic get absolutely trashed. 8)

Sure, there's an advantage in putting a larger engine in. I personally don't see it as being worth the hassle, i'd just rather do some subtle work to the 1800 as it's technically a better engine. 8)

Edited by Stu