How much are Fords likely to charge

Jackster

Since i replaced my standard interior handles with silver puma ones i had trouble with the central locking which i realised was due to the metal bit that inserts into the handle was upside down and because i got pi$$ed off with it because its so fiddly i just left it out, it was all locking fine after that, just meant i had to open the window to let myself out, but after trying again yesterday and tugging on the metal bit the ba$tard thing wont lock again, it locks and then unlocks itself, the alarm goes off if the door was to be opened but id still rather not leave my car like it. Anyone have any ideas how much Fords will charge to sort it? I need it doing by Wednesday. Edited by Jackster

Buzz? I can hear it locking and then unlocking if thats what your asking :baby: and the beeping of the alarm and immobiliser setting itself.

yeah, i mean the "tzzzzzz ummmmmmmmmmmmz" kinda sound

does it "die" towards the end?

sounds mechanical. If so, then it shouldnt be owt major

Cant say it dies, im mean oviously it stops once its locked and unlocked it self but it just makes the general lock and unlock sound. Does sound abit louder though

it is generally loud, just maybe u notice it when ur listening out for it more

you know what i mean, when a car tries to start, but won't fire, the sound changes note. It's like that, but obviously electronic. That's a good sign. If it's just the mechanism tho, it may sound louder towards the end as it's "trying" if u know what i mean, like it's fighting against the mechanism

but basically, if it's electronic, they will bend you over, if it's mechanical, I can't see it costing more thn £50. Well, for parts anyway