speed

Joe

1...) i have a lck of speed in my 1.6 16v zetec....

i dont wanna new engine or new car or owt due to insurance,

ive jus bought a decent air filter, what else can i do to just push up the BHP

de cat? exhaust? cams etc? i dunno alot about them so as much info of what they are, how easy to fit, and what they do etc would be very much appreciated

thanx guys

joe

2....) Also how do i lower it? what do i need to buy? im gonna take it to a garage? im gonna use just springs, do i need anything els?

cheers joe

i dont wanna new engine or new car or owt due to insurance,

ive jus bought a decent air filter, what else can i do to just push up the BHP

de cat? exhaust? cams etc? i dunno alot about them so as much info of what they are, how easy to fit, and what they do etc would be very much appreciated

thanx guys

joe

2....) Also how do i lower it? what do i need to buy? im gonna take it to a garage? im gonna use just springs, do i need anything els?

cheers joe

De cat and full exhaust will be good for throttle responce and little more power. cams would be the way if u want more power, but cost more. you should also get more power in the lower revs, which most standard zetecs lack. after that you may want to consider sorting out the ecu to get more out of the cams.

as for lowing it. you will need a spring clamp, there bout 20quid and if u got a decent set of tools you shud be able to do it youself.

^^^^as above^^^^ you will waste time and money tuning a 1.6 :kill: , i would only advise a replacement panel filter with a swiss cheese airbox and exhaust but purely for the sound, you wont see any power gains..........as most people say, if your insurance can handle it go for a 1.8

i also have the 1.6 and been told u can put ££££££ in the zetec 1.6 and you wont gain much just waste more fuel im running about 85bhp 90 standard but engine bit old

iv got exhaust on it goes n it pulls but not a fast engine if u want more power think of 1.8 or 2.0 there the best bet cheaper in the long run

n about springs if u dont know how to do them id take to a garage they can be a bit tricky and u can get hurt if not done properly

Stick some 10K boost in it, can get it from likes of halfords etc...Wont give you really anything other than the knowledge that the enigne etc has had a good clean out.

10K boost is cheaper than likes of powerboost with the same end results..Thats my opinion.

I also have 1.6L and with help from ppl in here am going for looks as cant go for anything else lol

Don't tell your insurance.

It's a standard feature.. LOL :thumb:

cams would be the way if u want more power, but cost more. you should also get more power in the lower revs

Hotter cams (more lift and duration) to flow more air, for more peak power, will do exactly the opposite, and rob an already inflexible engine of any bottom end power.

You might see a few more peak bhp's with some cams, nothing to actually notice though.

Unfortunately mate the 1.6 is only good for leaving as standard and ragging the tits off :thumb: NOS is the only way you're going to go fast without spending £3k on the 1.6!!