SP_A0160.jpg

SP_A0158.jpg

SP_A0161.jpg

I would like photoshopped:

- The side strips painted the same colour as the car

- Smoked Side Repeaters

- All the windows tinted dark

- The strip above the number plate colour coded

- Lowered a little bit more so its even all round and the tyres are arches are about an inch from the tyres.

- smoked headlights

cheers

leave them on and mask the car up. i didnt do them but thats how the bodyshop did them.

as for the boot strip.....its fibreglassed inside the lock hole then fillered on the front. sanded then painted then refitted to the car.

looks gr8, fancy it myself, but money has 2 go elswhere 1st, :(

1 day though, :))

Ah nice one, didnt see you had removed the lock too, nice touch :cheers:

How much did the bodyshop charge you do paint your little bits? :cheers:

Also might try doing them with cans, if i do the prep work right they should come out okay, i mean look at the centre caps i did on the black rims ! mint job and that was rushed, if i took my time in sanding and getting the prep and the primer coat smooth...

Ah nice one, didnt see you had removed the lock too, nice touch :cheers:

How much did the bodyshop charge you do paint your little bits? :cheers:

erm no idea. its had 2 stages of work.

1, gti front and goona with door handles, side strips and smoked rear lights.

2, skirts, rear bumper and boot handle. also wheels.

i get my work done by my local ford garage so its more anyway. but at least i dont have to wait lol.

it went in the the monday before Ford Fair for stage 2. and i had it back and washed on wednesday evening.

you can get a good match with a rattle can, as long as you know what you are doing, preping is everything, and the right grit paper is very important.

grap a plastic bit of car from a scrappy and practice, ie a boot strip and a door strip to practice on. if your happy you can do it then...... Do it lol

Halfords sometime do a 3 for 2 on rattle cans. plastic primer, colour, lauqer for a tenner. i'm sure other people will recommend a different brand of paint tho

if you practice and decide you cant paint for toffee.....all you have wasted is £20 on paints etc, a sunday afternoon that you would have spent in the pub, and you have gained an interesting colour pair of hands :thumb:

Edited by bluliz

Been painting for years mate, got a compressor and everything in the shed...

Just have to travel to get the paint...

Did the centre caps alright, ive already got some plastic primer and lacquer i just need a couple of cans of colour...\

Nice one for adding me to MSN sayin ello and goin offline? :blink: :roll: :roll: