Orion Cosworth 4x4 (update 9th August 2012)

stoo2000

Thats cos its a propper project Tez, not just sticking some arches on and a lick of paint. Stuff keeps changing which affects other descisions

Nice to know how you feel about my car! as for lick of paint, i did say it has been stuck in a paint shop for a year! lol so it has been awaiting that lick of paint!!!

yes i understand that decisions impact on everything else, but updates are few and long between, thats all. im sure theres alot going on behind closed doors, but there are people out there that can lump these's engines in a car will very quick turn arounds thats all im saying!

i know he doesnt have to but be nice to go into more intricate details about decisions of whats been decided and why, that way we all get to understand and see what really goes into a build like this.

Truth is i've been too busy to get down there recently :(

Things still need doing like sideskirts need making longer, I need to create a new rear bumper somehow, not looked at it yet, a few ideas i've had for a while Mike then seemed to come up with lmao.

Do what i did with my project, Throw it together. give it a quick test then go drive the nuts off it. That way if you get over excited and scratch it you can always say "it has to go to the body shop anyway" LOL.

I know that jobs like yours can get very frustrating getting everything right that is why i started 2 projects and sold them before completion. SO for the 3rd i did as above have to say it was the best way to go short term. you get the enjoyment quickly and then go back in the winter to tidy it up.

Something like a woman really ;)

perfection takes time!!!! do it once do it propely!!!!! no point in cutting corners to save a month on the bulid jeez ive just finished buliding my rallycar and i starded it in 2006 but when ever i turn up to a rally every1 always comments on how nice the bulid quality is!!!!! and its worth the time when that is said!!!!

i didn't mean throw it together dangerously. on my RWD mk5 rallycar. i made sure all the right bits where there and structure was good. bolted it all together. then went and drove the nuts off it.

had to make adjustments to brakes and suspension, then drove the nuts off it. played around with power steering and quick rack then drove the nuts of it. Starting to see a pattern here arn't you.

went out on 1st event drove the nuts of it, scored wings, and quaters lol, have done a few events since you can see pics on the thread and as you will see i have no respect for it is there to enjoy and that is what happens

Don't really mind as the body work is now getting looked at over the winter. then when this is done drive the nuts off it LOL

But Stoo did that the first time and it all ended badly so I think he is going to do it properly this time and then look after it a bit more (hopefully).

I dont see the point in rushing a project, most people seem to get bored once projects are finished and flog them so you may aswell drag the process out!

If I had a project I could guarantee it would take years as it has taken me since November to spray some skirts up and I still havent finished- my wheels even sat around in the shed for 2 months before I got tyres for them and fitted them. I think if you rush you get bored and then want to do more to the car or sell. My uncle has had a kit car which has so far taken 12 years for him to put togther (still not finished) lol and my best mate and his Step Dad have a mk1 Fiesta which has taken 3/4 years so far and a kit car that has taken the same amount of time.

Anyway my main point is DONT RUSH THE GUY! He is busy- he has a life as well and also runs this site for us so dont complain!!

• 3 weeks later...