Brakes

GhiaX1.8i

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, we were entering a 30 limit

Ah, I forgot that those new 110 mph motorways had come into place..............

As for brakes, why not just go for a 300mm front conversion, and leave the rears alone, it won't make a huge difference for the average driver anyways.............

i have grooved and drilled EBC front discs and green stuff pads and i also have EBC rear drums. knowone has mentioned goodrich braided hoses and dot5 brake fluid. i have these and it makes all the difference.

yeah i have ordered the EBC discs and greenstuff pads, couldnt get a 300mm conversion as I still only have 14" alloys at the moment and I dont think they would go in!

Still left standard drums on the back at the moment.

It shouldnt be too much of a job to fit the discs and pads myself should it?! ?(

Upgrade to bigger discs would be my advice to anyone :D Its the best mod I ever done. 285mm discs with 4 pot calipers, braided hoses, and the all important dot 5 brake fluid, as damien said ;) When they have bedded in they give you so much confidence you'll find yourself driving everywhere 10mph more than you used too :D

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that changing from rear drums to discs doesnt make a massive difference due to the bias in the braking towards the fronts ?( Unless of course your rear discs are bigger than your fronts :rolleyes: