my Flame popping Zetec

ScORTED

It shouldn't get a flame at all really.. the rev limiter on eec-iv is a fuel cut, not spark cut!.........

Unless............... internal edis ecu's may have hacked in some kind of spark cut, i'll investigate.

It'd be speculated/calculated fly....... there is no other way to do it when you're measuring it at the wheels!

Can u not just measure it as power generated by the wheels? instead of trying to add on X% for transmission losses.

If the wheels are turning the rollers with a certain amount of torque (and by doing the maths u can work out how much power) then u shud just claim ur car has a proven minimum of that amount of torque and power,and no more,as claiming u have an extra 10-20% over that is not accurate at all.

Of course. 'Wheel' horsepower, or 'whp' as the yanks love to use, is more meaningful than calculated crank power anyday... Neither are particulary accurate, but whp is the best of a bad bunch. A typical fwd gearbox is around 7-10% loss, not the 30% that some places use!!!

don't most places use the run down to "guess" transmission losses - this one did a long run at 3k to learn the in gear speed then the power run followed by a long run down

then the second power run - i can't say i particularly trust the rollers as i have nothing to compare it too sadly didn't get the WHP