Insurance help plz

CarFreak88

My insurance company is the best quote i had, 1600 on my 1.6lx im 19 0 NCB, but they wont insure with MODS , cheapest with a GTI body kit and lowered 35mm and air filter is 2100??? How can i bring this down, are there insurance friendly mods???

I was 19 when i joined admiral and for a GTi with 17's, body kit, suspension, tints, air filter, and exhaust and 0-NCB and 3 yrs experience it only came to 950 with my folks as named drivers so give it a go

hmm no luck, think that might be the 3 years experience....looks like im stuck to standard parts for now then, ill save for next year :D i think a litle project is in order commencing november 2008

My insurance company is the best quote i had, 1600 on my 1.6lx im 19 0 NCB, but they wont insure with MODS , cheapest with a GTI body kit and lowered 35mm and air filter is 2100??? How can i bring this down, are there insurance friendly mods???

Hi

Dont know if this is of any use to you but ive just reinsured my mk5 rs2000 as a classic car this is my second car not a daily driver so only got one years no claims as my other car use ncb. Rac wanted £420 i tried peter best insurance and got same cover and extras like roadside recovery salvage option all for £168 hope you can find cheaper insurance

Tim

It hasnt got the mods on it, jesus i have got half a brain, price for me to put them on and then reinsure...i think im just gotta get the car back to a quality original for now, and save for next year with 1 years NCB and driving experience, my insurance company forecast it to drop by half so 700-800 next year poss more.

19yrs old

2 1/2 yrs named driver ( dont think this counts )

2 non fault accidents in last year

mechanic

0 points

med risk postcode

gti kit, security tints ;) , 40mm lowered ( not told about wheels as these are ford wheels gti ) interior changes, backbox, air filter

rear half tints ,

3rd party fire and theft £1248 + £14 legal cover + quick accident management £11

works out about £120 a month for 10 months adrian flux also try GSI insurance small company but they quote matched flux