TOOLS

Mr. Josh

hi guys, bit of a strange request. is anyone in bournemouth and have any decent tools? i need to get the tensioners off some old seats and need the star screwdrivers to get the bolts off, they are various sizes and some of them quite large! i really need to get this done tonight as i have my m.o.t tomorrow!

Cheers

Josh

hi guys, bit of a strange request. is anyone in bournemouth and have any decent tools? i need to get the tensioners off some old seats and need the star screwdrivers to get the bolts off, they are various sizes and some of them quite large! i really need to get this done tonight as i have my m.o.t tomorrow!

Cheers

Josh

I had the same problem mate, luckily one of the neighbours had a set of star screwdrivers when I needed them.

If you can't find any your best going to B&Q or another DIY place and buy a set. Not sure how much they are though :blink:

Edited by wwwd

I bought a fantastic set of screwdrivers from Machine Mart a few months back. They're Clarke (which I highly recommend for good tools at reasonable prices), come in a handy, compact carry case, and there's every size, shape and all sorts in there. Even oddball ones, adaptors and flexi-extensions for getting in the most awkward of place

It's been invaluable

:cheers:

I bought a fantastic set of screwdrivers from Machine Mart a few months back. They're Clarke (which I highly recommend for good tools at reasonable prices), come in a handy, compact carry case, and there's every size, shape and all sorts in there. Even oddball ones, adaptors and flexi-extensions for getting in the most awkward of place

It's been invaluable

:cheers:

How much did that set you back mate?

I actually found ebay the best for the hex and star bits, got a nice little set for £5 or somthing and does the job, screw fix do a really good set of spanners. and halfords for the sockets. thats most of my tools i use, but then again i havent done anything really mechanical!

I actually found ebay the best for the hex and star bits, got a nice little set for £5 or somthing and does the job, screw fix do a really good set of spanners. and halfords for the sockets. thats most of my tools i use, but then again i havent done anything really mechanical!

What did you search for in eBay to get those JC?

torx bits is what you want.

I got a set for £8 delivered, lots of sizes, they use a1/2 in drive ratchet, long and short versions of every size, an absolute bargain they were

torx bits is what you want.

I got a set for £8 delivered, lots of sizes, they use a1/2 in drive ratchet, long and short versions of every size, an absolute bargain they were

Nice one trig :thumb:

What size is the star bit which is used in the MK6 back seats? Or do these sets just come will all the sizes anyway?

Edit: Found this one trig:

Clicky

Is that any good?