FAO Stuball

Dunk

You posted a reply to my post about an air filter before the site went down. You said....

Buy a universal cone filter!

take out the air filter inside the box and put a cone filter on the end of the box (You will have to remove the induction piping going to the box to do this)

Makes a pretty huge difference to the sound of the engine cos thats the way I did it! 

Do you mean stick it on the end of the indution pipe or right on the air box??? cus that would mean that ur just sucking in crappy warm air surely???

well from what i can make out of the thing i just fitted on my car all the inuction kit consisted of was a cone filter a couple of ties a cold air induction pipe that is very poor cos it doesn't fit all that well and thats about the lot. so with a bolt on filter there really isn't gonna be much odds, it's still gonna sounds nice and maybe u'll get some kind of performance increase too :thumb:

Just read the message!

with the cone filter fitted at the end of the box it draws in more cold air from behind the front grill.

if u decide to go for a bolt on for on top of the injector u will be drawing in more warm air than if u were using the cone and the filter box as a sort of heat shield!

some pipercross induction piping coming from behind ur bumper up to the filter then ensures that the cold air is going where it should!

:thumb: