How many of you...

chrisje

Im talking half rear tints, or front slight tinting or full rear tints. not stupid obvious aftermarket lights.

how many of you do? im getting half tint rears and im not sure wether if im required to declare it as they are standard lights, but modified...?

probably sounds a stupid question but i want to know what you lot have done :cheers:

Guest gti.tom

You are an idiot. And technically driving with invalid insurance. If you'd like me inform your insurance company, and have your policy cancelled, please let me know.

If you have an accident, and seriously injure someone, who then sues you, your insurance company and most probably the police will THOROUGHLY inspect your car. And even if one of them doesn't, the other will.

I once had a guy walk into the side of my car while he was crossing on a green light. The insurance company werent that fussed, but the fully detailed police report that even picked up a superchip, did show the importance.

I was fully declared.

If you drove into me, I would be seriously angry.

You will find that there are a lot of people on this site that either dont declare any mods or only some - gti.tom is correct - technically if you do not declare everything done to car then your insurance is void! There have been endless heated posts about this whole thing and similar on the board - some people can get very worked up about it,for different reasons so just watch out.

ive got trim tape half tints and am i fcuk declaring them,if they dont just laugh it off when i fone up and actually charge me extra on the premium for a 3 quid roll of tape i'd kill them..it'd cost more than 3 quid to call em anyway

Hang on...shouldnt the insurance guy actually give us a yes/no answer on what needs declaring...cos if trim tape on the lights needs declaring then so does trim tape down the shoulder lines and a baby on board sign and whatever next...non origional wheel trims! fag lighter multiplug adaptors?

Edited by scoop2004