nothing to do with me but i thought its worth a post

dont think that twig would have caused that :unsure: unless he's been on the miracle grow :roll:

it was you could see the dent the car made in the tree, there were a few chunks taken out of it too. probably some pissed up idiot trying to get out of the car park, through a tree lol. i just think the parking ticket is the icing on the cake haha oh dear you crashed your car, but im afraid you cant crash it there mate.....

Worth a post? It's barely worth the tree! :pancake:

Incidentally, I doubt the "parking ticket"'s worth the paper it's written on anyway, as it looks like a private car park. Most of these are managed by private parking companies who have no idea that they can't issue "fines" (only Courts can do that) and I pity the poor mugs who pay up.

Guest gti.tom

Incidentally, I doubt the "parking ticket"'s worth the paper it's written on anyway, as it looks like a private car park. Most of these are managed by private parking companies who have no idea that they can't issue "fines" (only Courts can do that) and I pity the poor mugs who pay up.

I'm genuinely interested. What's my defence then? Reason I ask, I got threatened with an £80 fine for not parking properly in a bay at Halfords recently. I know the old, there's not any signs excuse, but what else do you know of mate?

I'm genuinely interested. What's my defence then? Reason I ask, I got threatened with an £80 fine for not parking properly in a bay at Halfords recently. I know the old, there's not any signs excuse, but what else do you know of mate?

Tom, Please don't tell me you are considering paying these bandits! You don't need a defence against a private parking company (PPC), mate! It's all based on contract law with the driver, and essentially a money making scam that relies on obtaining money under duress and harassment.

Double check that it is actually a PPC site and NOT a council car park (which comes under Statutory powers and different laws - but still might be unenforceable!)

The PPC can only write to the Registered Keeper. But the RK has no liability whatsoever. The RK is also under no obligation to name the driver.

The PPC has no powers to force disclosure of the driver's ID and can't issue Section 172 requests (unlike the Police). It is for them to prove the identity of the driver.

Even if they know the driver, it has to be shown that the driver had seen and agreed to the contract, and accepted its terms.

Contracts are based on Civil Law. There are long-standing precedents on compensation for breach of contract (not fines or penalties, these are reserved terms for statutory bodies), and in the simplest terms the maximum possible is remuneration for actual losses caused. So, your parking crookedly in a free car park has cost them zero, their losses are zero, the most they can claim is zero!

Most PPCs send bullying letters (which often break criminal laws of harassment and fraud - which they know the Police don't have time to investigate), and letters from their own "collection agencies" (which have no power to do anything except sound scary), and eventually "Final Notice Before Action" which always say they may take you to court, and your credit rating may be affected etc.

In fact most private parking companies wouldn't dare take matters to Court because it's a lucrative scam that would be destroyed if just one case got far enough in Court to set a precedent! They don't want to risk it when there's thousands of gullible mugs who cough up without a whimper.

If you need any more guidance, feel free to PM, happy to assist you bud.

Carl

dont think that twig would have caused that :unsure: unless he's been on the miracle grow :roll:

it was you could see the dent the car made in the tree, there were a few chunks taken out of it too. probably some pissed up idiot trying to get out of the car park, through a tree lol. i just think the parking ticket is the icing on the cake haha oh dear you crashed your car, but im afraid you cant crash it there mate.....

dont forget about the junk leaflets....

hate it when i come back to my car and my screens covered lol

• 4 weeks later...
this car has only recently been moved and it only ever got 1 ticket? i dont get it. even though the likeliness of the driver actually paying is slim you can get a ticket within 10minutes if you dont put your parking ticket inside soon enough. that car was there for ages.

• 1 month later...