MG vs Forklift

Markt8

im a qualified flt driver too and what mike states is totally true..to the letter,.. :thumb:

ot to mention that he should have been driving in reverse into a public road..

and if you want to get picky..no hi vis vest, ;)

no one warning oncoming traffic of the flt manouvering..

yep i can backup what you guys are saying, they don't have a leg to stand on there. the damage could of been a lot worse and someone could of been really hurt there!

real shame about the car :angry:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty safe bet that is fooked ,pretty sure if on a public road without tax etc they are bang to rights and when moving around the forks need to be no more than 6 inches of the ground and tilted forwards ,ask gti.tom later as he may give you a better idea

as 1pukkadea said forks should be no more than 6" of ground so them forks were well dangerous at that hieght.find out if the geezer driving has a certificate to drive the fork truck.used to be allowed to drive on a road certain distance without tax dont no if its changed.looks well bad.hope you get it sorted m8

I see what you guys are saying ,but you know how funny insurers can be ,if there is a loophole to get out of paying a penny they will ,as at the time you had no mot or tax no matter what the reason, so best of british mark as I hope the company involved do pay in full

steve, thats the only circumstance you can drive without tax / mot, so long as it was insured thats fine

Guest gti.tom

I'll be very interested to hear what the insurance company say about this.

The fork was being loaded onto the lorry.

There was a guy in a high viz.

Should car driver have seen and avoided the hazard?

How fast was the driver going to mean it took him so long to stop (Hence so much damage), or turn away from the fork? Or did he take a corner too sharply?

Or has the fork just popped straight out into the road as the car goes past?

Best of luck with it all. Good you got some pics at the scene.

Exactly why are they saying its your fault?

Guest gti.tom
they are saying its my fault because they are to$$ers, the police were rang but they wouldnt come out, got it logged though on there system.

Mark

I was hoping for a little more than that to be honest mate.

Again, why exactly did they blame you?

i was going around the lorry, at the time there was nothing there, when i reached the end suddenly there was a fork lift there, obviously forks are long so before you see the forklift itself the forks are in the side of the car. i was only doing about 25, you can see that the forklift was coming out at the time as the forks go further into the car as it goes from front to back.

Basicly the guy was going forwards, going out and sharp turning in, thinking there was no traffic or even thinking he could get away with it even if there was. There was no orange lights flashing, the forks were obviously from the pics about 3ft in the air which they shouldnt of been till he was straightened up for the lorry to go onto it.

Mark

Guest gti.tom

Thanks for that mate.

You still haven't said why they dont think it's their fault? :unsure: :nutter:

Let us know what the insurance company say. :cheers: